• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Winter 2019-2020 Discussion

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
21F/feels like 12 here this morning. I didn't realize my office had relocated to Hoth.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Two dead in a horrible situation in Pennsylvania on I-80 this morning.

Parts of I-80 in Central Pennsylvania still remain closed after a horrific multi-vehicle wreck Wednesday afternoon. The crash happened during a snow squall & left at least 2 people dead and dozens injured

Joe

Reaction score
Very cold here this morning in Lexington SC (26). It seems we are colder here in the months of November and December than we have been in about 3 years. To the experts are we looking for a colder/ snow chances more this winter. Have not had a good snow fall around here in about 4 years. Looking at the long range forcast do we have any chance of snow. Thanks. I just joined the site and first time posting.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Very cold here this morning in Lexington SC (26). It seems we are colder here in the months of November and December than we have been in about 3 years. To the experts are we looking for a colder/ snow chances more this winter. Have not had a good snow fall around here in about 4 years. Looking at the long range forcast do we have any chance of snow. Thanks. I just joined the site and first time posting.
Welcome to TalkWeather @Joe! Glad to have you with us, You know there was some deep south snow activity last week and that seemed out of character. I seem to remember that when that happens you tend to see more snow events in the south through winter and even early Spring. Anyone else have any more definitive guidance?

Joe

Reaction score
Welcome to TalkWeather @Joe! Glad to have you with us, You know there was some deep south snow activity last week and that seemed out of character. I seem to remember that when that happens you tend to see more snow events in the south through winter and even early Spring. Anyone else have any more definitive guidance?

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
If only it were 15 or 20 degrees colder...

3isAeQp.gif

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like some less than ideal weather conditions in Texas led to this accident.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
69 muggy and rainy here in Austin. Once again, November was colder than December. We had an unusually dry December, which is not great for us, I hope things pick up or it will be a tough summer.

bwalk

Reaction score
If this verifies we will not be using the word "muggy" a week from now (Sat. 1/4/20). Still a week out though.

1577566647668.png

Back