• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Winter 2018-2019

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread to discuss the upcoming winter which is only a few weeks away. Looks like a decent El Nino will be in place, which usually translates to a cool and wet winter for the SE US. Will that be the case this year? Let the discussions begin

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Winter arrives early next week with lows in NAL possibly in the low 20’s

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Winter feels like it’s here.... bleh!!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Snow or wintry mix here tomorrow morning, and right at rush hour too. I hate everything.

amanda90

Reaction score
Light snow/mix falling in Memphis today. Here's how it's looking so far. We're expecting up to an inch of accumulation. Luckily we shouldn't have too much in the way of travel concerns.

46133161_10160926272230567_1528074146154545152_n.jpg

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Any accumulation Amanda? I've got friends in E Ark and east of Memphis who are looking at a white ground right now

amanda90

Reaction score
Any accumulation Amanda? I've got friends in E Ark and east of Memphis who are looking at a white ground right now

Less than an inch where I'm at. East of Memphis definitely got a lot more - my grandparents live about sixty miles east of here and definitely got an inch in some parts of their yard. I think North of Memphis got quite a bit more than us too - I just live in an infamous snow dome, hahah :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Wasn’t expecting to wake up to a dusting in Trussville this morning. A nice surprise though

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My picture of the Washington Monument in the snow that I took on the way into work is too large to upload apparently. Oh well. We got a little more than a dusting here. Enough to make the roads and sidewalks slushy. Rain the rest of the day and then it probably all turns into a skating rink tonight. Yay.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Today sure is nice being near 70 but the end of the week looks interesting for areas of the South.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Man, December looks very active. Well above normal precip. Welcome to El Nino.

This looks to be a very boring month. It looks so bad right now that the good thing is we have nowhere to go, but up. I’m hoping for some changes because a lot of rain with thermodynamics not favorable for winter or severe weather is not fun.

Last edited:
Back