• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Which climates do you expect there to be in this tilted Earth and what climate would you live in?

lightoflove

Reaction score
Y3AMwFP.png

BTW, I got a formula to find out where you'll end up: Use this distance calculator: https://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/haversine/
Then divide the result by 111. Then subtract it from 90.

Also, I apologize if this is outside the scope of this forum. Hope I don't get banned for this thread like I was on Netweather.

Reaction score
There shouldn't be any wildly different climates, just different locations. East Antarctica would most likely have a Mediterranean climate while West Antarctica would probably be humid subtropical, for example.

Biomes would be displaced as well. Australia would probably have a mixture of tundra, boreal forest, temperate deciduous forest, and temperate desert.

lightoflove

Reaction score
There shouldn't be any wildly different climates, just different locations. East Antarctica would most likely have a Mediterranean climate while West Antarctica would probably be humid subtropical, for example.

Biomes would be displaced as well. Australia would probably have a mixture of tundra, boreal forest, temperate deciduous forest, and temperate desert.
BTW, you wound up at 28.031153153 degrees south.

Back