• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Weather Station Thread

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
**Admin Note: Please understand that by posting your personal home weather station you are more than likely exposing your personal home location. Please consider this before you contribute to this project. **

We would like to collect a list of weather stations. Please provide your station's location. Don't provide the actual location, but a town name or section of a city would be sufficient.

If we receive enough replies we can group them by location and pin the thread for reference.

I don't have one on my own, but I will post the site of the Talkweather station linked at the top of the page. Our weather station is located on the grounds of the Huntsville Botanical Garden in southwest Huntsville. https://perry.talkweather.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Admin

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
anyone want to post their weather station links?

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
UPDATE: This weather station has died. See the next page for my new station (same location as the old one).

Here is mine. Located in Morris, AL, about 18 or so miles north of Birmingham.
Here is mine. Located in Morris, AL, about 18 or so miles north of Birmingham.

Last edited:

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  • Admin

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I received permission from Twitter friend Marc to post his link. His station is set up just outside New Market, Al - just NE of Huntsville.

Kory

Reaction score
I’m about 1mi from UA campus in Tuscaloosa.
Darn I’m gonna use yours for rainfall totals and temps obs now. I use the Guildswood station (since I’m located about halfway in between) but that isn’t always online.

Last edited:

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
We would like to collect a list of weather stations. Please provide your station's location. Don't provide the actual location, but a town name or section of a city would be sufficient.

If we receive enough replies we can group them by location and pin the thread for reference.

I don't have one on my own, but I will post the site of the Talkweather station linked at the top of the page. Our weather station is located on the grounds of the Huntsville Botanical Garden in southwest Huntsville. https://perry.talkweather.com/

Do we have a post with links to the better stations to purchase?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Do we have a post with links to the better stations to purchase?

I think there might be a thread or 2 posted previously regarding this.

Personally, I would not mind seeing a thread comparing various weather stations with input from people with first-hand experience using various weather stations.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
I think there might be a thread or 2 posted previously regarding this.

Personally, I would not mind seeing a thread comparing various weather stations with input from people with first-hand experience using various weather stations.

I would like to purchase a good one that isn't too expensive. We are staying around Austin for another year but we plan on moving northeast of here into a more tornado-prone area and would love to be able to monitor things.

The wife says all I need is a weather station to drive her even crazier with my obsession.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I would like to purchase a good one that isn't too expensive. We are staying around Austin for another year but we plan on moving northeast of here into a more tornado-prone area and would love to be able to monitor things.

The wife says all I need is a weather station to drive her even crazier with my obsession.

I have one of the ambient stations and I have a Davis Vantage Pro. The ambient station is the one I have online. The Davis station is almost 14 years old and still works as good as it did the day i bought it. It's a wired station but the newer wireless ones seem to be good as well. Davis does have a cheaper model called the Vue. It gets good reviews as well.

Back