• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Weather Banter

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The worst thing about living up here is that this happens in the winter but still get the 100 degrees plus humidity days in the summer just like back home, so it's the worst of both worlds.

Kory

Reaction score
Q5lvVqb.jpg

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Working on a TW project. Does anyone know of a source where I can track down the names of those who perished on April 27, 2011 in Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia and Arkansas? I have an Alabama database from a few years ago but for the life of me I can't find info on those in other states.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

Tennie

Reaction score
Looks like allergy season is in full swing where I'm at. I tend to get sick from allergies during springtime, and this spring is no different. I'm currently having to deal with a sore throat, which isn't any fun at all. Blegh!

Kory

Reaction score
Looks like allergy season is in full swing where I'm at. I tend to get sick from allergies during springtime, and this spring is no different. I'm currently having to deal with a sore throat, which isn't any fun at all. Blegh!
This year seems worse for me. I get allergy immunizations to help combat my allergies because they're so severe, but they don't seem as effective this year. Unsure why.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
First day all month it's hit 60 and it almost got to 80. Finally spring here.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
This year seems worse for me. I get allergy immunizations to help combat my allergies because they're so severe, but they don't seem as effective this year. Unsure why.

The pollen this year has been much heavier than usual in North AL. During yesterday's rain the puddles were quite literally the color of urine, and this was everywhere.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
29791795_10106309347064918_1330603933185459656_n.jpg

Finally spring here in D.C.

EDIT: Ack that's giant how do I resize it, it doesn't let me see the html directly so idk how to add a height attribute.

Kory

Reaction score
The University of Alabama recently joined UCAR or University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.

“UA’s partnership with UCAR provides new opportunities for additional research into the atmospheric and related Earth system sciences, which is so vital for improving forecasts, protecting life and property, and fostering economic growth,” Bell said.

The University has ongoing research in the areas of climatology, atmospheric hazards, geocomputation, geomorphology, remote sensing and silviculture as well as hydroclimate and landscape modeling. Projects in these areas have received support from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NASA, the National Science Foundation, the United States Army Corps of Engineers and the U.S. Geological Survey.
https://www2.ucar.edu/atmosnews/news/132062/university-alabama-joins-ucar-consortium

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
driving up to michigan on thursday and they're supposed to get a foot of snow at my in-laws today/tomorrow

please kill me

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
From my fellow NASA Social attendee in Washington State that runs Weatherboy.com.

Sounds like NWS wants the media to quit talking "GFS vs Euro" and focus on the official forecast.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Driving down 75 in near white-out conditions today because of lake effect snow was fun. Reminds me why I don't miss living up here.

Back