• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Wave in the Eastern Atlantic-Code Yellow

Brent

Reaction score
the GFS has been very bullish on this for days and is actually getting some support now for the idea and it is also honking on a potential major US threat in about 10-14 days long way out but definitely the most model support for a storm this season

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Sun Jul 9 2017

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

A tropical wave passing south of the Cabo Verde Islands is
producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some gradual
development of this system is possible during the next several
days while it moves westward at 15 to 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

$$
Forecaster Brown

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The GFS shows some noticeable organization in as short as 24 hours.

Brent

Reaction score
GFS all alone at 0z, CMC nada GFS parallel nada

Wrecks Florida, goes across Tampa, hits New Orleans from the east then moves west along the coast to Houston, wtf

Last edited:

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
GFS has been very consistent for several days showing this linger for a few days as a weak low and then gaining tremendous strength down the road. The question remains, is the GFS being consistently wrong? Only time will tell. I'll certainly be keeping a close eye on this.

akt1985

Reaction score
What is it looking like for Jamaica this weekend or early next week in regards to this wave? I have a co-worker who is on a honeymoon there this week.

Brent

Reaction score
What is it looking like for Jamaica this weekend or early next week in regards to this wave? I have a co-worker who is on a honeymoon there this week.

The GFS has way backed off its doomy runs... as of now, I wouldn't be too concerned but things could change. If anything happens it'll probably be towards Tue/Wed next week, so still a long way out... but the trend is away from a significant storm anywhere.

J_Keith

Reaction score
The GFS has way backed off its doomy runs... as of now, I wouldn't be too concerned but things could change. If anything happens it'll probably be towards Tue/Wed next week, so still a long way out... but the trend is away from a significant storm anywhere.
Poof!

Back