- Huntsville, AL
- Special Affiliations
- SKYWARN® Volunteer,
In the interest of providing a more stable platform during high usage events, an upgrade was performed on the forum software last night. This update along with updates to our web servers will help to ensure that TalkWeather is able to handle large user loads without having to disable popular features such as Live Mode. With this update comes a few new features:
- Reactions - In addition to being able to like a post, you can now use the standard set of reactions that you find on sites such as Facebook.
- Improved Connected Accounts - In addition to using Facebook to register and login to the site, you may now use Twitter.
- Improved URL structure - You may notice that our URL has changed a little. In addition to forcing all TalkWeather traffic over SSL, we have also enabled more friendly URLs. No worries if you have bookmarks/favorites to an old URL, it will automagically transfer you to the correct location.
Old https://talkweather.com/index.php?threads/overshadowed-and-overlooked-tornadoes.430/ vs New https://talkweather.com/threads/overshadowed-and-overlooked-tornadoes.430/
- Enhancement to the Theme - Some slight enhancements have been made to the current theme used on TalkWeather. This includes improved navigation and new message indicators.
- URL Previews - When someone includes a link to another website, the forum software will pull a preview of the site along with additional information before you click the link.
Posting http://www.bamawx.com/ would result in...
Posting http://www.google.com/ would result in...