• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Svr Wx Event - April 15-17, 2024

Reaction score
There were no tornado warnings for me, thankfully, though there was another almost directly east of the warning I posted earlier. I'll be intrigued to see if the radar indicated rotation will result in some damage. I'm sure MKX will be surveying tomorrow.

I'll also be intrigued to see surveying results from Iowa, since Twitter has a fair number of folks reporting seeing some damage, and I saw a picture of at least one house that was partially deroofed.

lake.effect

Reaction score
Interesting lowering on Lake Michigan...perhaps a brief waterspout funnel? KLOT radar showing some rotation in that area:

Photo#1 - Taken from my balcony.
Photo #2 - Velocity at about the same time

Attachments

• View recent photos.jpg
    View recent photos.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 007B108E-7DDA-4658-88ED-31233D1BD852_4_5005_c.jpeg
    007B108E-7DDA-4658-88ED-31233D1BD852_4_5005_c.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Am I going crazy? I could have sworn there was a radar in Toledo. If not that’s a pretty egregious radar hole considering the population and frequency of severe weather in that area.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Pretty intense semi-discrete cell with some weak rotation over Wapakoneta (i.e. the same area that got hit last month). Not quite to the 5% area yet.

pritchlaw

Reaction score
Pretty intense semi-discrete cell with some weak rotation over Wapakoneta (i.e. the same area that got hit last month). Not quite to the 5% area yet.
I'm watching a dude chase there now on youtube.

Back