• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Summer Weather 2019

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
First rain in Austin in two months but just over my suburb.

They say we will be above normal for rain and below normal for temps in Sept. They also say we will get a front for Labor Day weekend that takes us from 100+ to the upper 80's.
I will believe it when I see it.

ARCC

Reaction score
Still has been over 2 weeks since a rainfall of more than a half inch in Tuscaloosa. It’s getting awfully dry.

Month and a half here, although we did get 0.22" the other day. Right now 0.39 an inch for August and probably around 1.80" for the past two and a quarter months.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Well, now the models say no front and mid to upper 90's until the end of September. I'm moving to northeastern Texas. Twelve years in an oven every year has taken it's a toll on the wife and me. I will need a good reference for a tornado shelter when we get where you can actually dig deeper than a foot and have more tornadic cells. Actually, I kinda like those safe rooms in the garage.

I will definitely ask you guys when we move in about a year and a half.

Kory

Reaction score
Big surge of tropical moisture coming inland associated with a tropical wave that entered the Gulf a few days ago. This should help alleviate some of the growing drought concerns in the near term.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Over 9 inches of rain reported at Wilson Dam yesterday in Florence. That's an incredible amount of rainfall. Widespread flash flooding was reported all over Colbert and Lauderdale Counties. While everyone didn't get 9 inches most places got in the 2-4 inch range with localized higher amounts.

Reaction score
Alabama is coming up on the dry season and the rainy season did most of us no favors. We had a small woods fire down in Geneva county today. Most drought indexes just show abnormally dry conditions across much of Alabama. However KDBI for wildfire risk is quite high for parts of AL with nearly the entire state 500+ with a few spots even 700+. Careful with cigarette buttes/fire

kbdi.png

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hasn't rained in eons and I am 100% over these 97°+ days. I would keep up the mantra and say just a couple weeks til October but shades of 2016 at this point with the utter lack of rain forecast. Is a tropical system really too much to ask for, Humberto failed me

Kory

Reaction score
Yeah we’re getting quite dry despite widespread heavy rains to end August. I don’t see any widespread rain for the next week if not longer.

Lots of the reporting stations in the Southeast have had record warm September. #2 isn’t even close in some cases.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It's feast or famine with precip this year and not much middle ground, would like a nice slow soaking but doubt that happens until winter.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Montgomery hit 103 today, just insane.

Back