• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Southern Severe Weather Threat: 3/9-3/10

X

Xenesthis

Well that looks bad for my area! I am just east of Murfreesboro

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
New line segment in MS exploding on reflectivity, bet that'll go severe pretty fast

Tennie

Reaction score
I mean, just not seeing anything discrete. Everything so far over north MS just looks like “junk” convection. You have to look back to north Louisiana to find anything that has the discrete look.

IIRC, according to the CAMs it's supposed to transition over into a more discrete state some time later in the day. We'll just have to wait and see what actually happens.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
RS isn't updating for me either. It did that in that late February event too.

Tennie

Reaction score
Possible developing Tornado near Corinth , MS per Nexrad

I took a look using the VROT feature on GR2AE (just put a marker on one side of a couplet, then put your mouse's cursor on the other side of the couplet and hold down the CTRL button on your keyboard, and it'll give you a display of tornado probabilities). Currently it seems to be less than 50 percent for an EF1 tornado, and even less for a higher rating. Unless that couplet strengthens up rapidly I don't see much for anything other than a regular tornado warning (Knock on wood!).

Back