• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Sort off topic but is about weather notices in a question.

Pam G.

Reaction score
Do any any of you know of a great notice push app that will give weather forcast and temperature in firestick notice that is not dubbed a widget?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm a little confused... is this on an Amazon Firestick?

Pam G.

Reaction score
Yes sir. I have been looking for something to make the notice pop up temperature and current conditions and warning , but nothing as of yet.

Last edited:

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah that Amazon Fire OS is tough. They don't really do alerts. However, the closest thing I've found is the WeatherNation app. It doesn't pop up but they display a good forecast and warnings when you open it up.

I had a crazy idea for an invention that would be a bridge on the HDMI cable into your TV, and it would act like a visual version of a weather radio and place alerts on the screen for your location (polygons!). It would have dual data inputs using the internet connection (Wi-Fi) and Weather Radio broadcasts to receive warnings. Never got around to figuring out how to do it.

Pam G.

Reaction score
Finally, I kept reading and looking around on my google search last night and found a instruction how to change google notices. Now I got weather temperature and notice and I used a app called "Notifications For Firestick. Now I got notices on weather temperature and updates from my weather station "Waff48 ". Doing the Happy Dance. It was you WesL that gave me the idea. Sort of. I just kept hunting up ideas. Thanks.

Last edited:

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Finally, I kept reading and looking around on my google search last night and found a instruction how to change google notices. Now I got weather temperature and notice and I used a app called "Notifications For Now I got notices on weather temperature and updates from my weather station "Waff48 ". Doing the Happy Dance. It was you WesL that gave me the idea. Sort of. I just kept hunting up ideas. Thanks.
AWESOME!!!! Congrats!

Logo 468x120
Back