• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Sort off topic but is about weather notices in a question. (1 Viewer)

Pam G.

Reaction score
Do any any of you know of a great notice push app that will give weather forcast and temperature in firestick notice that is not dubbed a widget?

WesL

Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Administrator
2021 Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm a little confused... is this on an Amazon Firestick?

Pam G.

Reaction score
Yes sir. I have been looking for something to make the notice pop up temperature and current conditions and warning , but nothing as of yet.

Last edited:

WesL

Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Administrator
2021 Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah that Amazon Fire OS is tough. They don't really do alerts. However, the closest thing I've found is the WeatherNation app. It doesn't pop up but they display a good forecast and warnings when you open it up.

I had a crazy idea for an invention that would be a bridge on the HDMI cable into your TV, and it would act like a visual version of a weather radio and place alerts on the screen for your location (polygons!). It would have dual data inputs using the internet connection (Wi-Fi) and Weather Radio broadcasts to receive warnings. Never got around to figuring out how to do it.

Pam G.

Reaction score
Finally, I kept reading and looking around on my google search last night and found a instruction how to change google notices. Now I got weather temperature and notice and I used a app called "Notifications For Firestick. Now I got notices on weather temperature and updates from my weather station "Waff48 ". Doing the Happy Dance. It was you WesL that gave me the idea. Sort of. I just kept hunting up ideas. Thanks.

Last edited:

WesL

Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Administrator
2021 Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Finally, I kept reading and looking around on my google search last night and found a instruction how to change google notices. Now I got weather temperature and notice and I used a app called "Notifications For Now I got notices on weather temperature and updates from my weather station "Waff48 ". Doing the Happy Dance. It was you WesL that gave me the idea. Sort of. I just kept hunting up ideas. Thanks.
AWESOME!!!! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread