• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threats 1/19-1/20 2017 (Thursday - Friday)

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
No one has chasing stream on severe studios, does anyone know if Brett is chasing??

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
FYI......Lori, Kelley Williamson streaming on ZoomRadar.com
Thanks! I saw him on TWC but his wasn't streaming on Severe Studios...so he's streaming somewhere else! Good deal! I'll check him out there!

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Does anyone have a map of the timing of this event? I'm thinking my area (Central Alabama) will have the storms moved out by the evening, I'm not sure. I'm planning on traveling to see my sis in law in Boaz with my daughter and granddaughter, I do NOT want to put them in harms way. I'm sorry I'm being lazy and not looking this up myself! Y'all are such faster clickers!!

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Does anyone have a map of the timing of this event? I'm thinking my area (Central Alabama) will have the storms moved out by the evening, I'm not sure. I'm planning on traveling to see my sis in law in Boaz with my daughter and granddaughter, I do NOT want to put them in harms way. I'm sorry I'm being lazy and not looking this up myself! Y'all are such faster clickers!!
4pm-4am is my thinking

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
WOW WAAY TV just posted on Twitter that the risk of severe weather is now over!. Anyone think this is premature for this afternoon?

MichelleH

Reaction score
WOW WAAY TV just posted on Twitter that the risk of severe weather is now over!. Anyone think this is premature for this afternoon?

For North Alabama, I would agree that the severe risk is over for this afternoon. It's cool and rainy even here in southern Cullman County, which is a stone's throw from the BMX coverage area. I also see that SPC moved the marginal risk further south for today.

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
For North Alabama, I would agree that the severe risk is over for this afternoon. It's cool and rainy even here in southern Cullman County, which is a stone's throw from the BMX coverage area. I also see that SPC moved the marginal risk further south for today.
Cullman is now 61, BHM is 64, TCL is 66. Looks right to me

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Y'all!! There are a million cats and dogs in my yard!!!!

Back