• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat May 7-10, 2024

wx_guy

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KO4ZGH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  2. ARRL Member
This is perhaps my biggest worry through the day today (and probably tonight too). The +6 hr forecast on the mesoanalysis shows DCAPE of 900-1400 moving into South AL and South GA. I think this will pose a considerable threat for damaging straight-line winds this afternoon.

1715263999691.png

Oleman

Reaction score
Things have been quiet out of Prospect, TN apart from that one video surfacing. Hopefully it means the damage was relatively light.
A fairly low population. I remember the best thing was it had a beer joint above a dry county and Skynyrd would play there under different names in the early 70’s while recording in Muscle Shoals Alabama.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Damage from Henagar, AL. Considering the issuance of a TORE, hearing of "only" two injuries and damage seems relatively light, though at least one poorly constructed home looks to have been completely destroyed.

Not quite as bad as I was expecting this area to look honestly. That radar signature was about as scary as it gets.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A fairly low population. I remember the best thing was it had a beer joint above a dry county and Skynyrd would play there under different names in the early 70’s while recording in Muscle Shoals Alabama.
If I'm not mistaken, Rickey was actually playing with the band during that time? Shame he wasn't inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as an original member of Skynyrd.

Argus

Reaction score
Thiis morning, woke up to a call from the supervisor. The house between us and work had their roof torn off. So Brittany and I stopped by, and the owner's cousin was helpful, since in my haste I had not gotten my phone. He helped me make a post. Then Brittany and I were told that I wasn't working weather, because the person who normally does the Elberton run wasn't there. So Brittany went to grab the iPad so I could post some pictures.

When we came back, took more pictures, and I was invited to ride to Elberton to make the run. Brittany stayed to help out. So while we're in the waiting room, another bad storm hit. Then I realized that had we had a normal morning, I'd be riding back with Elsa and Brittany and we would probably have been hit by the storm on the way back, somehow.

BTW, Elsa's going to pay me for working, even though I wasn't on the clock.

Opinions on this? It took 2/3 of the roof off according to Brittany. There is a farm across the street untouched. The roof was blown east-southeast. There was a tree down about 100 feet north northeast of the structurel. I saw no other damage. Oh well.

Attachments

• IMG_7538.jpg
    IMG_7538.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7540.jpg
    IMG_7540.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7541.jpg
    IMG_7541.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7542.jpg
    IMG_7542.jpg