• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat May 7-10, 2024

KevinH

Reaction score
Is it a regional/ municipal difference? Where I grew up, the sirens went off to alert you, but didn't stay on for the duration of the warning. Where I went to college, the sirens stayed on for the duration of the warning.
True.

The sirens where I live are sounded ONCE per warning to alert you. The EM told me that running sirens for the duration of the warning can be/is really hard on the sirens (which are not cheap). I say sound them while there is an active warning, but that's just me.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
That couplet northeast of valley head is starting to look impressive. Wouldn't be surprised for a tog soon

Maxis_s

Reaction score
This isn't even making me sad or stressed, since most of these tornadoes seem relatively weak for now (and I'm not in the area). It's just exhausting tracking like, 10 different cells at once.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Radarscope has not updated for over 30 minutes now. They're overloaded. Thanks to you all who are posting the screen shots of your radars.

TornadoFan17

Reaction score
Really worried about the Memphis metro. It's been really quiet here so far, but our threat doesn't kick off until well after midnight, and they still have a VTP of 10.

Logo 468x120