• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat May 7-10, 2024

buckeye05

Reaction score
Getting reports of homes damaged in Irondale, OH and Fairhaven, WV from those back to back sigtors. Damage in Fairhaven is reportedly severe (no surprise, that’s where the debris ball popped up on reflectivity).

Last edited:

buckeye05

Reaction score
I’m not a great forecaster, but I’m a bit perplexed about how hard the SPC and various WFOs are hitting the tornado threat. Morning MCS seems likely, discrete development seems uncertain, and storm mode looks very messy. What am I missing? I guess it’s a high ceiling, but very conditional?

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I’m not a great forecaster, but I’m a bit perplexed about how hard the SPC and various WFOs are hitting the tornado threat. Morning MCS seems likely, discrete development seems uncertain, and storm mode looks very messy. What am I missing? I guess it’s a high ceiling, but very conditional?
MCs is expected to weaken and eventually wash out this morning , the atmosphere this afternoon Kentucky Tennessee will become very vilotale …. Why spc is hinting the tornado risk even greater . Time will tell

buckeye05

Reaction score
Damage pics from Fairhaven, WV coming in. Showing homes missing roofs, along with barns and mobile homes totally destroyed.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
MCs is expected to weaken and eventually wash out this morning , the atmosphere this afternoon Kentucky Tennessee will become very vilotale …. Why spc is hinting the tornado risk even greater . Time will tell

They have learned that issuing higher probs leads to underperforming systems. If they low ball it we are sure to have a serious outbreak on our hands.

Only kidding of course but Mother Nauture seems to be playing these games lately.

MichelleH

Reaction score

It's already really "soupy" here. It was 70 degrees when I got up at 5:30 and walking outside is like walking into a wet blanket.

Logo 468x120