• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat May 7-10, 2024

MichelleH

Reaction score
Bouncing back and forth between local radar because storms are popping up and keeping an eye on Greenwood, Indiana outside of Indianapolis. I have some dear friends there that barely missed being hit last year.

Reaction score
The fact that NWS Grand Rapids has basically just been blanketing areas with PDS TOR warnings really tells you they don't have much experience with these kinds of setups. Makes today all the more unusual.
It is really difficult for these NWS offices who have never officially rated a tornado an EF4+ or dealt with tornado outbreaks of this magnitude. It is extremely rare for Michigan to get violent tornadoes.

jiharris0220

Reaction score
Was just about to say that whole tweet with the warning criteria in response to no TORE being issued has basically been rendered useless in less than a day.

TornadoFan17

Reaction score
It is really difficult for these NWS offices who have never officially rated a tornado an EF4+ or dealt with tornado outbreaks of this magnitude. It is extremely rare for Michigan to get violent tornadoes.
At the same time, it's not like they have not seen a tornado on radar before. They're meteorologists, not hobbyists.

Aaron Rider

Reaction score
I don't have great Internet access at the moment. Could someone confirm for me that the Hillsdale County tornado warning has been lifted? Right now the crappy radar i have indicates a very nasty storm but nothing tornadic.

Thanks in advance

Logo 468x120