• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat May 7-10, 2024

cincywx

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
What's your thoughts for the Cincinnati metro area on timing/intensity today?

I'm not an expert so please keep that in mind but I think the metro will be clear of storms until 6:30/7pm. Sometime not long after that, we'll see at least some thunderstorms start to approach town. We have to see how the storms entering western/southwestern Indiana behave as they move east/northeast across southern Indiana as that will determine how severe they'll be when they approach the Tri-State.

Tennie

Reaction score
Tyler Kurtz has the Terre Haute storm on his stream:

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Thank goodness the Terre Haute storm didn't produce over the city. But there's still plenty of civilization between now and when the cell (if it holds together) eventually impacts the Indianapolis Metro.

TornadoFan17

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question, but what does an "RF" reading on a velocity scan mean? I'm trying to look at the the velocity scan on the Terra Haute cell and Radar Scope is giving me "RF" on pretty much half of the rotation. If it basically saying it can't get a reading?

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sorry for the dumb question, but what does an "RF" reading on a velocity scan mean? I'm trying to look at the the velocity scan on the Terra Haute cell and Radar Scope is giving me "RF" on pretty much half of the rotation. If it basically saying it can't get a reading?
Not sure what "RF" stands for, but what you're seeing is radar interference