• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat - May 6, 2024

Tanner

Reaction score
1) The event is still not over, the most hostile environment was always gonna be near OKC. But 2) If the SPC didn't pull the trigger today, they'd been called stupid and negligent all across the Wx community, and for good reason - the parameters today are as high as you'll ever see them.

So regardless of what happens or doesn't happen, I think High was the right call.
No doubt the right call. Just frustrating for the reputation of the SPC and all the slandering we're going to see if this entire risk fails. If it did perform, then people get hurt. Absolutely a rock and a hard place.

Jacob

Reaction score
So regardless of what happens or doesn't happen, I think High was the right call.

I have to disagree here. If nothing major tornado wise happens in the coming hours, it was objectively the wrong call.

It is painfully obvious why they went HIGH, and I think me and about everywhere else here would’ve done the same. It’ll be an interesting case study barring some storms going off after dark.

Logo 468x120