• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat - May 6, 2024

SmokeEater

Reaction score
From OUN: Something interesting to note on storm mode: HRRR/RAP bulk shear vectors (0-6km) are predominantly perpendicular to the dryline into the evening for areas generally along/south of I-40 with vectors more parallel across northern Oklahoma. This would favor more of a linear storm mode up north and discrete mode across central.

Reaction score
From OUN: Something interesting to note on storm mode: HRRR/RAP bulk shear vectors (0-6km) are predominantly perpendicular to the dryline into the evening for areas generally along/south of I-40 with vectors more parallel across northern Oklahoma. This would favor more of a linear storm mode up north and discrete mode across central.
North of I-40 would cover most, or at least more than half, of the HIGH-Risk area. I though discrete mode was originally favoured in north-central OK? At the very least, the northern extent of the 30% will need to be trimmed.

atrainguy

Reaction score
Already a tornado warning near the northern limit of the marginal zone and cells rapidly popping up in Kansas - foreshadowing for later?

cincywx

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 115 PM MDT FOR
SOUTHEASTERN HARDING AND NORTHEASTERN BUTTE COUNTIES...

At 1256 PM MDT, a confirmed tornado was located 5 miles east of Dears
Ears Butte, or 44 miles northeast of Belle Fourche, moving north at
30 mph.

HAZARD...Damaging tornado.

SOURCE...Weather spotters confirmed tornado.