• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat - May 6, 2024

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
Not only is this lead intense supercell in northern Kingfisher County the first higher-end tornado threat of the evening, but it's the storm that lays down the mesoscale boundary for other supercells back upstream to ride along and interact with. This is the part of this setup that flat out spooked me earlier this morning before sunrise when I was looking at data and this scenario locked in on the HRRR runs then.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
@Fred Gossage That SVR-warned cell over Elk City and those blips forming to the south of it... am I correct in saying those could potentially pose a major threat later?
As the low-level jet continues to ramp up and those storms continue to move eastward into an improving tornado environment, yes.

wx_guy

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KO4ZGH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  2. ARRL Member
The environment storms will move into in the next 90 minutes - 4 or 6 hours or so will be the main event. All signs continue to look for a dangerous event in central OK and south-central KS