• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat: May 2-5, 2021

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Very strong wind on the leading edge even though the Walker part is not warned, really thrashed the trees. Major yard flooding. Definitely suspicious rotation passing across southern Winston.

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
NWS Chat/ KBMX.....over next cell approaching Tuscaloosa. Maybe about to have to issue a Flash Flood Emergency. Telling social/media to hit hard for citizens to STAY HOME. Dire situation attm

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Power outages in Jasper and across other parts of Walker I'm hearing; some nasty wind all along the line.

Flyboy70

Reaction score
I drove through Okolona just before it hit there. There was some nasty wind in that line. Then on I-22 East it got rough for a bit. One tree down over the road on MS 23 north of I22. Wasn't a good chase day but I had leave time to burn... Photos and maybe video in a bit.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
E0k6IL-VIAIyelR

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We had a severe thunderstorm come through but all we got out of it was some heavy rain and a bit of wind. Rained out my tee time but at least it washed some of the pollen off.

Also, NWS Wakefield confirms an EF2 in Northumberland Co., VA yesterday. Haven't seen any confirmed tornadoes from the warnings in western Maryland.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wake low may indeed be in progress behind this as per Spann; sure looked that way on radar. Hate those

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
BMX radar showing very high velocities above the ground in the trailing mass; could make it to the ground in gusts and bring some trees down in places

Logo 468x120
Back