• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat: May 2-5, 2021

bwalk

Reaction score
This severe line of storms in Mississippi is really trucking. At 1 pm the line was still in Lousiana. By 3:30pm (ish) the very leading edge of the severe storms will likely be entering West Alabama.

Much of this line crossed the entire state of Mississippi in a little over 2 1/2 hours.

Blizzard1

Reaction score
Every time. Never fails.
Yes I got up close and personal with a flood situation in that vicinity one day. I was the last car out before the flood took over and flooded out the cars in that area behind the bowling alley. Very uncomfortable situation!

Reaction score
Odd situation where parts of Jasper, Newton, Scott and Smith Counties, MS are under two severe thunderstorm warnings at once, one from the line and one from discrete cells ahead of it. Could get confusing if, for example, you hear that one warning for your county is cancelled/expired, but the other remains in effect.

Attachments

• DGX_2005.png
    DGX_2005.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
just a nasty look:

wbUcEVR.gif

Argus

Reaction score
This event had a few similarities' to the 2003 event. We had the severe weather event in GA 05/06/03 and 5/3/21 followed by the flooding in the Birmingham area on 5/7/03 and today.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Really suspicious of the back edge of the trailing rain mass; with the sharp reflectivity boundary and very high velocities shown as it trails off I wonder if we're getting into a high wind event as it passes

Logo 468x120
Back