• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat January 23-25, 2023

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I'd prepare for a tornado to drop any moment. With the bottom one, hit the sweet spot it seems.

The suburbs of intra coastal city may be in the direct path, if it produces.

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
srh3.gif

Someone said awhile ago it was windy over in Mississippi........I said your kidding?

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
My wife had to have a procedure on her arteries today to clean them out, and It looks like I missed one crazy event.

It is so fun for an armchair guy like me to go back through these post and read them and relive today. I really hope nobody got hurt, but it was phenomenal

Reaction score

I've lost count of the potentially tornadic rotations that have gone over Lake Ponchartrain/Lake Borgne and the surrounding bayous since that outbreak in February 2017. Despite three EF2+ hits in that timeframe, I think the New Orleans metro has actually gotten relatively lucky, as potential has been there for more/worse.

Reaction score
Certainly a lot of heavy damage in Deer Park, TX and other southeastern Houston suburbs, but so far haven't seen anything that screams violent - total annihilation of buildings, vehicles hurled, wind rowing, debarking, etc and no reports of fatalities so hopefully it wasn't as bad as it looked like it could be based on radar. With Joplin and Mayfield, for example, it was pretty clear within an hour or so that what had happened was exceptionally catastrophic.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Certainly a lot of heavy damage in Deer Park, TX and other southeastern Houston suburbs, but so far haven't seen anything that screams violent - total annihilation of buildings, vehicles hurled, wind rowing, debarking, etc and no reports of fatalities so hopefully it wasn't as bad as it looked like it could be based on radar. With Joplin and Mayfield, for example, it was pretty clear within an hour or so that what had happened was exceptionally catastrophic.
All of the damage I've seen in Deer Park so far looks EF2-ish, some homes with roofs torn off, cars flipped and lots of train cars derailed. Obviously not discounting the possibility that more intense damage may have occurred elsewhere along the path.

I'm really anxious to see what kind of damage occurred with the tornado near DeQuincy, LA; haven't heard anything as far as damage reports from there.

Back