• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat April 27-30, 2021

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Weather spotters confirm a tornado in Illinois, most likely a landspout given there is almost no rotation visible on radar.

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
This is helpful for those of us who don't know the area. Just severe T-storm warnings right now, but that's never good in a tornado watch.

kevinrock

Reaction score
Pretty strong presentation on the cell SW of San Antonio
1b48d25cb45643bfd1c1fa774d943b8d.jpg
958c73ee21eaf90cacde688b93057e35.jpg

Reaction score
A lot of supercells out there tonight, widely scattered across a large area. The last couple days have been rather more impressive than I expected.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Tornado Warning was dropped because the rotation broadened out but there is still a Severe Thunderstorm Warning, Look at that hail.dropped.jpghail.jpg

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
Here's video of the hail event in Norman, OK last night. I find this video particularly fascinating because of the ominous hail "roar". I don't recall ever hearing anything like that before.

I witnessed this in Huntsville last Saturday. I heard the low roar of what I thought was the gust front approaching but then the hail began to fall. It wasn’t this large but it was in large amounts. Pretty wild

Back