• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 4/27-4/28, 2024 - (Saturday, Sunday)

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The debris signature is most likely just due to the amount of forested area’s…I may be proven otherwise but I’m not convince this is anything more than a tree muncher…
Could you end up being 100% right? Could all of the debris being lofted just be light leaves and branches? Maybe. But the fact of the matter is, it's a tornado and still poses extreme danger to those in its path. I understand trying to not hype things up, but downplaying the threat is the other side of the same coin.

Evan

Reaction score
Dickson situation is very bad. The velocity signature from the Durant radar is extreme.

Such a gross dereliction of duty by our federal government that Durant has to get their own radar. For a literal rounding error on our national budget we could add a handful of NEXRAD sites to fill infamous radar gaps and save lives. Don't even get me started on funding for R&D and deployment of future WSR-88D replacements.

Clancy

Reaction score
New TOR for that newest storm near Marietta and Overlook. Not sure what's happening with some of these other warnings sticking around though.
1714279843525.png

Back