• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather 2024

Bevo

Reaction score
Tornado warning for east sides of Dallas. Don’t see any reports of a tornado on the ground yet, could be triggered from the wind.

Edit: yep that was a nasty wind episode. My neighbor’s tree blew down all over her front yard. When it stops storming I’ll have to evaluate our house.
Huge amounts of power outages per Oncor. I think luckily the rain is supposed to keep temps down because this could take a long time to restore power to this many people…

Last edited:

Tanner

Reaction score
Just to put into perspective how ACTIVE this severe weather season has been, we are up to 1919 tornado warnings this year.

And we now have 27 EF3’s and 3 EF4’s already this year. The last two years this active, had 33 EF3’s/3 EF4’s, and 29 EF3’s/2EF4’s (2019 and 2023 respectively).

We will likely beat those numbers this year if I were to bet.

Kds86z

Reaction score
Just to put into perspective how ACTIVE this severe weather season has been, we are up to 1919 tornado warnings this year.

And we now have 27 EF3’s and 3 EF4’s already this year. The last two years this active, had 33 EF3’s/3 EF4’s, and 29 EF3’s/2EF4’s (2019 and 2023 respectively).

We will likely beat those numbers this year if I were to bet.
Thanks

Maxis_s

Reaction score
The outbreak intensity score for the 19th-27th outbreak is now at 110. 120 is considered a "historic" outbreak. We need "only" 5 more EF2s, or 2 more EF3s, or 1 more EF4.

Back