• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather 2024

Maxis_s

Reaction score
Just guessing but is that rotation still on the US side? Hopefully it becomes much more polite when it crosses the border.
Not really. It didn't weaken after it crossed but Environment Canada only issued a severe thunderstorm warning well after it crossed the border... and 90% of the warning isn't even in the path of the storm. Lol.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
For those of us in the heart of Dixie Alley (MS/AL/GA/south TN), I think we have seen the last synoptically-driven tornado threat of the spring season. From here on out, it should be thunderstorm clusters and complexes from the Plains/Midwest, daily pop-up stuff deeper into the summer, and then we'll be watching the right semi-circle of any tropical systems. For areas to our north and west? Synoptically-driven tornado season continues...

Kds86z

Reaction score
For those of us in the heart of Dixie Alley (MS/AL/GA/south TN), I think we have seen the last synoptically-driven tornado threat of the spring season. From here on out, it should be thunderstorm clusters and complexes from the Plains/Midwest, daily pop-up stuff deeper into the summer, and then we'll be watching the right semi-circle of any tropical systems. For areas to our north and west? Synoptically-driven tornado season continues...
Glad you surived it. Hopefully a slow fall/winter season.

Clancy

Reaction score
And I'm more than ready to leave it behind. It's been a crazy spring, and while I'm glad the South has been spared much of it, the devastation throughout the Plains and Midwest is nevertheless sobering.

TornadoFan17

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I know it was forecasted a long time ago, but it's still so weird to see a very active season overall while also having a very quiet season for us.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
I know it was forecasted a long time ago, but it's still so weird to see a very active season overall while also having a very quiet season for us.
And over here in our area, as quiet as the overall season was, we still managed to have a day where wedges and stovepipes played Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots with us. o_O

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
East
And over here in our area, as quiet as the overall season was, we still managed to have a day where wedges and stovepipes played Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots with us. o_O
wonder how next spring will go , I’m curious see how this Niña plays out along with a negative pdo to go along …. Possibly a active fall or even winter possible?

Back