• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather 2024

JPWX

Reaction score
SPC is already giving hints at another threat this weekend into next week

...DISCUSSION...
...Friday/Day 4 and Saturday/Day 5...
An upper-level trough is forecast to move quickly eastward from the
West Coast on Friday into the Desert Southwest on Saturday. Moisture
return is forecast take place ahead of the trough across the
southern and central Plains, with surface dewpoints reaching the 50s
and possibly low 60s F, from north Texas into south-central Kansas.
As large-scale ascent comes out into the southern and central Plains
during the evening, scattered strong to severe thunderstorm
development will be possible. Large hail and wind damage are
expected to be the primary threats. There is still considerable
uncertainty on Saturday, mainly due to the lack of low-level
moisture and instability.

...Sunday/Day 6 to Tuesday/Day 8...
The upper-level low over the Desert Southwest is forecast to move
into the north-central U.S. on Sunday, as a cold front advances
eastward into the Ark-La-Tex. Isolated to scattered strong
thunderstorms will be possible along and ahead of the front.
However, uncertainty is still considerable concerning the
timing/placement of the front, and magnitude of instability.

On Monday, a moist airmass is forecast to be in place across parts
of the southern Plains and lower Mississippi Valley. Strong
thunderstorm development will be possible during the afternoon and
evening. However, a lack of large-scale ascent suggests any severe
threat that develops will remain unfocused. The potential for a more
widespread severe threat may increase across the southern and
central Plains on Tuesday, as an upper-level low moves across the
Desert Southwest. As forecast spatial uncertainty decreases for
Monday into Tuesday, the addition of a 15 percent contour in later
outlooks may considered.

Attachments

• swody5_PROB.png
    swody5_PROB.png
    302.8 KB · Views: 0

akt1985

Reaction score
As far as next Monday goes during the eclipse, I’ve heard everything from major tornado outbreak to the electrical grid going down, thousands of earthquakes, societal and economic collapse and the rapture occurring. More than likely, nothing happens next Monday. Still, I hear some places in the path of totality have already declared states of emergency and federal disaster areas.

JPWX

Reaction score
As far as next Monday goes during the eclipse, I’ve heard everything from major tornado outbreak to the electrical grid going down, thousands of earthquakes, societal and economic collapse and the rapture occurring. More than likely, nothing happens next Monday. Still, I hear some places in the path of totality have already declared states of emergency and federal disaster areas.
Chemtrails. It's all because of Chemtrails and roundabouts.

KevinH

Reaction score
Speaking of rapture.....

The eclipse from Aug 21, 2017 passed through SEVEN US cities named "Salem" which means "peace".

SEVEN YEARS later, the eclipse next week will pass through SEVEN cities named "Nineveh".

The totality of both eclipses will pass through a city in Indiana called... RAPTURE.

Coincidence?

Reaction score
Speaking of rapture.....

The eclipse from Aug 21, 2017 passed through SEVEN US cities named "Salem" which means "peace".

SEVEN YEARS later, the eclipse next week will pass through SEVEN cities named "Nineveh".

The totality of both eclipses will pass through a city in Indiana called... RAPTURE.

Coincidence?
Yes a coincidence. We had a storm today in the vicinity of a town called “hurricane” and another called “tornado”. America is a huge place with a lot of diverse, cultural, and other subject names for its towns.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Nah. I don't buy that any major catastrophe will result from the Solar Eclipse next week.

But I do hear there is a slight chance that one of these three things will happen:
  • Blockbuster will come back and decide to open new stores,
  • Leonid Brezhnev will come back to life and start a band called "The Crimson Muscovites",
or - the scariest one of all...
  • Slimer, along with his buddies Casper the Friendly Ghost and Howard Stern will stage a false flag operation to reignite the Cola Wars.

Reaction score
Nah. I don't buy that any major catastrophe will result from the Solar Eclipse next week.

But I do hear there is a slight chance that one of these three things will happen:
  • Blockbuster will come back and decide to open new stores,
  • Leonid Brezhnev will come back to life and start a band called "The Crimson Muscovites",
or - the scariest one of all...
  • Slimer, along with his buddies Casper the Friendly Ghost and Howard Stern will stage a false flag operation to reignite the Cola Wars.

A day late, lol.

Reaction score
I'm trying to remain optimistic that the mid south will have our opportunity at a svr wx event before svr wx season ends.
In both Reed’s and Trey’s (convective chronicles) 2024 tornado predictions there was a signal of a pretty late start, which has held serve. And also some noticeable signals for classic “tornado alley” events in the plains with a sort of “lower than average” year for the south and the Ohio Valley in between. Take away with that what you will though.

JPWX

Reaction score
The fact is that we're gonna have a threat of severe weather each week the remainder of the month across the southern Plains into Dixie Alley. The overall pattern favors it. I don't give a flipping crap how many tornadoes are produced, how big the threat is, nor if the Level 4/5 risks verify. A threat is a threat. So sorry if doesn't produce 50+ tornadoes of EF3+ intensity and causes widespread destruction/fatalities. We expect every single outbreak to produce the same amount of tornadoes if SPC goes with a Level 4 or 5. Sometimes the Level 3 to 5 risks aren't tornado driven. Sometimes they're damaging wind driven. I am sick and tired of the word "bust" being thrown out before the anticipated event even begins and during the event. Be thankful yesterday wasn't as bad as it could have been. Having gone through a EF5 tornado personally and seeing the destruction firsthand, it's absolutely sickening to see people want more tornadoes for the risk to verify.

Steps off soapbox

TheSuckZone

Reaction score
The fact is that we're gonna have a threat of severe weather each week the remainder of the month across the southern Plains into Dixie Alley. The overall pattern favors it. I don't give a flipping crap how many tornadoes are produced, how big the threat is, nor if the Level 4/5 risks verify. A threat is a threat. So sorry if doesn't produce 50+ tornadoes of EF3+ intensity and causes widespread destruction/fatalities. We expect every single outbreak to produce the same amount of tornadoes if SPC goes with a Level 4 or 5. Sometimes the Level 3 to 5 risks aren't tornado driven. Sometimes they're damaging wind driven. I am sick and tired of the word "bust" being thrown out before the anticipated event even begins and during the event. Be thankful yesterday wasn't as bad as it could have been. Having gone through a EF5 tornado personally and seeing the destruction firsthand, it's absolutely sickening to see people want more tornadoes for the risk to verify.

Steps off soapbox
We had an EF3 just miss our town on a MRGL risk 2% TOR day. Personally, I am ecstatic every time an event underperforms. There's enough things in life to have to deal with without mother nature piling onto it.

Reaction score

Steps off soapbox
Is this aimed at the weather weenies on WXTwitter? Pretty sure no one on here, at least that I saw, said yesterday was the B word. Not THE B word but the B word haha

Back