• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather 2024

Maxis_s

Reaction score
I'm likely going to investigate some of the damage in Ontario and Quebec for fun next week, since some of the tornadoes weren't too far from me. Should I post updates/findings in this thread or the Significant Tornadoes Global Edition thread?

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'd post it in "Global" and make a small post here mentioning the other post so people can find it easier. I'm not sure of forum rules regards duplicate posts but IMHO that would be best.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah, the question of where posts about recent international tornado events should go has been one I've pondered over. Ultimately, it's up to the mods to decide where such posts should go (pinging @WesL @MichelleH @StormStalker @Mike S) but my two cents are this:

Initial posts about very recent international tornado events (e.g. brief posts such as "Tornado in Estonia today" with one or two pictures/videos) should go in Severe Weather 2024, but more detailed follow-up posts (e.g. "More footage and damage photos from yesterday's tornado in South Africa. It caused [insert number of fatalities/injuries] and [insert other available information].) should go in the SigTor Global thread.

MichelleH

Reaction score
Yeah, the question of where posts about recent international tornado events should go has been one I've pondered over. Ultimately, it's up to the mods to decide where such posts should go (pinging @WesL @MichelleH @StormStalker @Mike S) but my two cents are this:

Initial posts about very recent international tornado events (e.g. brief posts such as "Tornado in Estonia today" with one or two pictures/videos) should go in Severe Weather 2024, but more detailed follow-up posts (e.g. "More footage and damage photos from yesterday's tornado in South Africa. It caused [insert number of fatalities/injuries] and [insert other available information].) should go in the SigTor Global thread.

I agree with this.

A Guy

Reaction score

By this logic, shouldn't all but initial posts for US events be posted either in their own data-range specific threads, or in the 'Significant Tornado Events' thread, instead of here?

What problem is it really causing?

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
By this logic, shouldn't all but initial posts for US events be posted either in their own data-range specific threads, or in the 'Significant Tornado Events' thread, instead of here?

What problem is it really causing?
I was making my suggestion based on how I've seen others organize their posts. You're certainly entitled to organize yours however you want. It may very well be less confusing to keep all posts pertaining to current-year international tornadoes on the appropriate "Severe Weather" thread. We certainly don't see posts about recent domestic tornado events on the "Significant Tornado Events" thread.

Logo 468x120
Back