• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2022

The severe weather season for year 2022 will be?

• Above Average

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Average

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

atrainguy

Reaction score
So far, one tornado confirmed. This one touched down only a few miles away to my southeast. The part of the storm that eventually dropped the tornado practically went over my house. Not the first time I've had a close call with the tornadic parts of storms. I remember years ago at my last house (also in Genesee County), watching a tornado warned storm with my dad, and a fast moving swirling funnel cloud went right over our house. We actually have footage of it somewhere. Looking back, we probably should have been in the basement instead of watching the storm, lol.

Avon

Reaction score
Oh wow..... they just issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the entire eastern half of lower Michigan, maybe, just maybe something can form this way so I can see some nice cloud structures

Reaction score
Oh wow..... they just issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the entire eastern half of lower Michigan, maybe, just maybe something can form this way so I can see some nice cloud structures

One of the (geographically) strangest watches I've ever seen was recently issued today. Severe thunderstorm watch 479 covers all but two counties of Maine, the entirety of Vermont and New Hampshire, one out of five counties of Rhode Island, and parts of Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York!

In other news, a Day 3 Enhanced risk is out for portions of the upper Midwest including southern Wisconsin. All hazards are on the table.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A nice storm hit where I’m working in Villa Rica, GA earlier today. The lightning was intense and the wind got strong enough to shake the car and keep the stop lights straight in the wind. I couldn’t see through the windshield when it hit the hardest.

The NWS Birmingham just went with a interesting warning polygon for Randolph county. The storm doesn’t look like it’ll touch much of the area that is in the polygon.

42BB3407-8317-4D9F-B4BA-FCFAF06A902D.png

Last edited:

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Does anyone have a story to tell about the storms that went through the Birmingham areas? That storm looked like it was likely producing 70mph winds.

Evan

Reaction score
Does anyone have a story to tell about the storms that went through the Birmingham areas? That storm looked like it was likely producing 70mph winds.

It sucked. Badly.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It sucked. Badly.

I looked over the SPC reports. Several trees down and sadly 2 dead, 3 injured.

BIRMINGHAM SOUTHERN COLJEFFERSONAL33528685*** 2 FATAL ... 3 INJ ***SEVERAL TREES WERE BLOWN DOWN IN BIRMINGHAM. ONE TREE FELL THROUGH A HOME WHERE THE INJURIES OCCURRED. TIME ESTIMATED BY RADAR. (BMX)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back