• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive Severe Weather 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Northwestern Romania has taken a beating from hailstorms the last couple of days. This was in Baia Mare, near the Ukrainian border but there were similar storms in other places in that part of the country as well.

Kory

Reaction score
Euro/UKMET are both sizeable severe weather events next Thursday/Friday for the Lower Mississippi River Valley and Dixie.

akt1985

Reaction score
If anyone watched The Weather Channel this morning, cameras caught a waterspout live on camera as Jim Cantore was doing a live remote from Mexico Beach for the first day of hurricane season.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm down in Foley this weekend and was overly thrilled at getting an overnight soaking thunderstorm. I am ok with some warnings if we can finally get some rain and pattern change back at home.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Ten SVR watches active currently... there are damaging hail and wind clusters going over big cities, but I can't help but wonder if fewer larger watches would be less confusing. But yeah a fifth of the country seems SVR watch'd.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Ten SVR watches active currently... there are damaging hail and wind clusters going over big cities, but I can't help but wonder if fewer larger watches would be less confusing. But yeah a fifth of the country seems SVR watch'd.
Those outflow boundaries in the Texas panhandle around Amarillo are well defined and cool to see interact.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Oh wow, those are pretty neat. Been some down here too today. Offers a nice cool breeze to sweep away the oppressive tropical conditions... for now.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I said I wouldn't mind some warnings here if we could get some rain but I think I'll pass on this one

Reactions: KoD

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I am definitely intrigued. Had some interesting June action last year (including the anticyclonic driveway funnel) and I am certainly excited to get the rain off of it whatever happens.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Had some SVR warnings in Alaska and heard rumors of a possible touchdown (or at least a rotating thunderstorm) in the Northwest Territories. Was quite a day north of the lower 48.

xJownage

Reaction score
image0.jpg

Picture one of my old friends took of this tornado. She told me "you probably would be interested in this or something" and sent it to me. Actually rather impressive for a canadian tornado. Anybody have updates on the rating?

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I haven’t seen anything about a rating. I checked the Environment Canada website/twitter and didn’t see anything (I assume they’re in charge of ratings in Canada)

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Northwestern Romania has taken a beating from hailstorms the last couple of days. This was in Baia Mare, near the Ukrainian border but there were similar storms in other places in that part of the country as well.

I spotted another hail video and it was insane! Like bowling balls from the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back