• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive Severe Weather 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We've got a nice little event going here. At least these are in the middle of nowhere where people can watch them without having to worry about casualties or major damage.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A lot spinning in Kansas too!!

Argus

Reaction score
believe it or not... I was actually thinking the same thing... that was also an elnino enso period... I had a ef4 hit my city... may 4th 2003... 12 fatalities... I got some good vid shots of that violent tornado though it took place at night if I can find it...

That outbreak involved the southeast on various days. Atlanta had severe weather on May 6 (16 years ago today), and then the next day, northeast Birmingham got drenched by a hybrid MCS/supercell storm. Trussville got flooded that day.

Reaction score
Looking like a very dangerous pattern setting up for later this week into next weekend and beyond. Potentially historic. I know people on here have spoken of it but figured I would bring it up since we are now within a week of when things are suppose to be occurring. First legitimate shot looks to be this Friday in Western TX, W Oklahoma and SW Kansas

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I will say, at this rate this year is definitely going to buck the trend of rather marginal plains tornado chasing years... already most events are over-producing and the mid to late part of May looks volatile. Seeing as, also, AL and MS are at near record levels of spring tornado activity, I don't wanna hear anyone complain that the weather this year has been boring at all

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah Mississippi and Alabama have had their share of spring severe wx agree... but mid south areas like Eastern ark. Extreme north ms west Tennessee have been very boring as a big chaser and severe wx fan ... yeah the 500 mb pattern screams severe pattern for southern plains area... but not sure I go historic ....

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah, Friday and then Monday through Wednesday next week look like character-builders.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Was just sitting here thinking... with its intriguingly long path length relative to other tornadoes that day, its super chaotic low and rain wrapped rotating wall of fog and water appearance, and position right on the warm front just a hair east of the surface low, the Beauregard tornado could almost be seen as a reasonable Dixie analog for Tri-State Tornado-like situations.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Was just sitting here thinking... with its intriguingly long path length relative to other tornadoes that day, its super chaotic low and rain wrapped rotating wall of fog and water appearance, and position right on the warm front just a hair east of the surface low, the Beauregard tornado could almost be seen as a reasonable Dixie analog for Tri-State Tornado-like situations.
I think the best comparison to the Tri-State in recent years is Hackleburg or maybe Yazoo City.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
True, was definitely also thinking Yazoo. Whole different breed of tornado. Guess I'm surprised the Yazoo City tornado's death toll was as relatively mild as it was given its speed and path length.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A tornado in Zhytomyr oblast’, western Ukraine. A bit south of the area of the former Soviet Union that’s most often affected by tornadoes (most notably the 1984 outbreak), but they’re relatively common in eastern Poland and western Ukraine too (including a purported F5 that hit Lublin in eastern Poland in 1931).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back