• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive Severe Weather 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I love the Iowa mesonet website, so many great weather features on there. Model temperature verification statistics, the weather radar time machine, AFD logs, etc...

Their iembot is always one of my tabs when following severe.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Operational runs of many global models, and their ensemble members are indicative of a potentially active week of severe weather May 5th-11th. These threats could extend outside of the Plains.

Last edited:

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wow, striking contrast.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty neat. I would assume it’s a wheat or sunflower field because that’s what most of that part of Romania is. That part of the country seems to get a few (mostly weak) tornadoes per year.

Reaction score
That reminds me, does anyone remember the tornado in Nepal back on March 31? It was the first ever confirmed tornado in Nepal, and killed 28 (deadliest worldwide since 2015). Also, there actually isn't a Nepalese word for tornado, so local news sources had to call it by the Hindi name, chakrawat.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Apparently NWS Memphis has forgotten how to issue tornado warnings. Strongly rotating hooking supercells under SVR warnings this evening

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Apparently NWS Memphis has forgotten how to issue tornado warnings. Strongly rotating hooking supercells under SVR warnings this evening
Not the only one to think that.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yes.. yes it does.

MEG issues Tornado Warning (https://nwschat.weather.gov/vtec/#2019-O-NEW-KMEG-TO-W-0026) [tornado: OBSERVED, hail: <.75 IN] for Lake, Obion [TN] and Pemiscot [MO] till 7:00 PM CDT ...AT 625 PM CDT, A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED OVER COTTONWOOD GROVE, OR NEAR CARUTHERSVILLE, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH. ANOTHER POTENTIAL TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR RIDGLEY, ALSO MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH.
\
Local Storm Report by NWS MEG: 2 ENE Caruthersville [Lake Co, TN] trained spotter reports TORNADO (https://nwschat.weather.gov/lsr/#MEG/201905022319/201905022319) at 06:19 PM CDT -- tornado reported east of caruthersville.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back