• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Threat 12-15 March 2021

Brice Wood

Reaction score
That and power lines down is all I've seen so far, but given that really deep CC drop I wonder what else could have gotten hit.
Yea the CC looked disgusting, just wonder if it hit something at peak intensity, based on the CC it looks like a high-end EF4

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
That and power lines down is all I've seen so far, but given that really deep CC drop I wonder what else could have gotten hit.

Still doesn't explain the CC in my opinion, but had to update because right after posting the above message I checked twitter again and found these additional damage pics. Very lucky that no injuries occurred here.

Brice Wood

Reaction score
i wonder what these tornadoes will be rated! one of these will have to be rated EF3
NWS just has to figure which tornado did the damage, how strong the tornado was when it did the damage, how strong the buildings were built, there’s a lot of variables that have to come together to get an accurate rating, and they’re have been mistakes so we’ll see!

speedbump305

Reaction score
Which image is it then? Certainly not the second showing the radio mast, and probably not the first either.
Oh wait never mind. I was looking at the image with the damaged electrical thing or something. at the bottom it looked like ground scouring but not anymore
NWS just has to figure which tornado did the damage, how strong the tornado was when it did the damage, how strong the buildings were built, there’s a lot of variables that have to come together to get an accurate rating, and they’re have been mistakes so we’ll see!
yep! NWS will be busy tomorrow

Brice Wood

Reaction score
I was hoping today's event was going to be short of expectations. May not be the case.
Yea NWS forecasted this pretty good, which is a good and bad thing but, those supercells south of Amarillo did the most damage, like the models said they were going to do

Brice Wood

Reaction score
This line has broken and there’s still some discrete supercells with tornado warnings, the southern tornado warned storm has some big hail

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Downgraded to a slight risk on the new day 1. Hopefully this will start to subside as the storms get further east and away from the best parameters.

1615684621273.png

pohnpei

Reaction score
Pecfectly verified MDT as a regional tornado outbreak with one particular impressive supercell showed on yesterday's model constantly.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So this just suddenly happened unwarned west of Dodge City

Screenshot_20210313-214004.png

Back