• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Sally

Copasetic

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I work for a health care system in Pensacola.

It took me almost three hours to drive a 40 minute trip. I10 over the bay is closed because a barge is/was about to crash in to it. Garcon point bridge is closed, huge mess.

I passed a few waffle houses and they had the lights on and cars out front. :)

If not for covid, I would stop in one when I leave!

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Looks to be following the same path right now as Ivan, ironically 16 years to the date.

Thinking about Ivan's path... Wonder if there's the possibility of a return trip for Sally like Ivan did.

1600287512751.png

Reaction score
Smoke Rise, AL (25 mi. N of downtown Birmingham)
My daughter lives on the west side of Pensacola. They have a few shingles missing and lots of limbs down. Of course, no power. When I was watching that slow moving eye wall, I was worried it would be much worse. They had evacuated to stay with her husband's family in Brewton, AL and drove back this afternoon.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I had totally forgotten about that round trip that Ivan made.

There was a pretty spirited discussion about what name Ivan, Jr should take as well. I believe it was even referenced in the initial discussion from the NHC after Ivan rose from the dead.

John Jaye

Reaction score
Anyone here with any knowledge about power outages in Destin or Panama City? We we scheduled to be in Gulf shores beginning the 23rd but visitors will not be allowed in until at least the 27th, so our reservation was cancelled. We would like to go to the beach somewhere but not if there are closings to restaurants and stores or if there is no power. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Had a few Sally bands come through yesterday at my area in FL, it made the sunset lovely!!
0A5BB164-F7E9-40D7-B9EA-85686882D036.jpeg

Copasetic

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We have a new bridge here between Pensacola and Gulf Breeze. Still under construction.

The company who built is celebrating their safety week. Sadly, nine of their barges got loose and has wrecked the place.

Get your popcorn ready for this:

Back