• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Sally

Copasetic

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Alright. I’m just fine with it being where it’s at, wish it would weaken.

Before things really ramped up around dark, all day the water was really bad. Not sure if the wind came in with the tide but everyone’s docks are damaged or gone. I’ve seen some boats already barely hanging on in lifts earlier.

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
In a band right now, east of the eye, I don’t think I’ve ever quite heard a sound like this before.

Aside from the wind and rain, the Santa Rosa Sound and GOM sounds like heavy machinery running. Crazy!
They say when its a bad one, it sounds like the wind of the devil

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Copasetic, check in when you see this.

Kory

Reaction score
Just imagine the loudest storm you’ve been in, without thunder and it doesn’t stop.
Yep, I’ve been through my fair share when I lived in Louisiana. The first hour it’s okay but then it’s rolls into the next and next and by then you’re so ready for it to be over.

The worst was hearing trees crack and come crashing down while its pitch black out. Hope daylight brings some relief and the damage is not as bad!

Copasetic

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We made it, it was a long night. Lots of debris here and tons of flooding and it gets worse as you head west.

Alabama Point/Perdido/Orange Beach has a lot of damage. I’m hearing reports of 90 mph plus winds out of that area.

Wind is still howling, of course the rain has not stopped and it looks like that is going to be the case for a while.

bwalk

Reaction score
The Mobile radar (KMOB) looks to be down? I can't access it but the other nearby radar sites are working - so far.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Santa Rosa County reporting that a chunk of the three-mile bridge is missing.

Copasetic

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
You know that bridge is brand new, right?

The second part is under construction currently.

A barge got loose yesterday and was stuck under it. A crane fell across it last night.

Copasetic

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That bridge runs north and south. That is looking south toward Gulf Breeze proper coming from Pensacola.

The bike/walk lane is on the right hand side.

Back