• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Sally

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
NHC has increased the forecast maximum intensity to 105 mph. If it keeps going the way it has the last couple of hours they might need to revise that upward...

dwg12

Reaction score
I'm starting to think Tuscaloosa won't see much rain at all. I was hoping for a couple of inches to wet things down a bit.

Evan

Reaction score
Strengthening before landfall.

She's legit pushing for strong Cat 2 or low end Cat 3 status. Running out of superlatives for 2020. Similar to 2005. Except these storms strengthen from 72 hours out until after landfall

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
1600230015882.png

Getting some light blues in there now...

Evan

Reaction score
Man. Radar and recon are showing a storm that is defying both conventional wisdom and most forecast models. Don't envy the NHC this year. They haven't had an easy season to say the least.

Evan

Reaction score
This is insane. Look at those velocity bins on KMOB and recon data. 90kts, if not 95kts, is easily supported. If anything, that is a conservative estimation of where Sally is headed in the next few hours absent dramatic weakening.

NHC is going to be gun shy to upgrade considering how Sally has acted previously, but I don't think this kind of intensification before landfall can be ignored.

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
NHC- Cat 2

Copasetic

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hi all. Long time no talk!

I live in Gulf Breeze, FL, as close as you can be in Navarre, FL and not be there.

It’s getting real outside and likely going to be a long night.

The zone I’m in is voluntary at CAT2 mandatory at CAT3.

Looks to be following the same path right now as Ivan, ironically 16 years to the date.

Copasetic

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
In a band right now, east of the eye, I don’t think I’ve ever quite heard a sound like this before.

Aside from the wind and rain, the Santa Rosa Sound and GOM sounds like heavy machinery running. Crazy!

Logo 468x120
Back