• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Random Comment Thread

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Has anyone watched Jeopardy lately? There is a contestant from Las Vegas named James Holzhauer who has won over $850,000 in less than two weeks. He bets big on Double Jeopardy and Final Jeopardy because he’s a professional sports gambler. There is a chance if he keeps betting big and winning that he could surpass Ken Jennings’ $2.5 million dollar win record on Jeopardy in just half the time Jennings was on the show.
I've been loosely following him. Wasn't there some theory he has about the exact number he bets?

I'm making a pot of venison chili ...
I was just thinking about that the other night. My neighbor normally has some but he hasn't been feeling well. Maybe time for me to return the favor.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
In other news, TalkWeather ran its first billboard campaign this week. Kudos to @KoD for coming up with the graphics quickly and the moderating/admin team for helping select good spots.

We had some first-time issues with timing but I think we will do it again in hopes of expanding our user base and being able to focus on other regions. It is a pretty low-cost way to grab some attention.

Special thanks to @Kory for grabbing this shot in Tuscaloosa this morning. He was zoomed in so the flicker of the board is showing up but he said it looked great.

08FF31A3-2332-4875-9AA6-7DDA9168EA9D.jpeg

This shot was taken by a friend in Albertville as well 0F966DB8-AE73-4294-9336-1741E929EA38.jpeg

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My younger sister (19 years old) was just diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. Personally I always suspected it, but my parents have been in denial about it and are now convinced it's because of the "chemicals" and non-organic food she's eaten. Me, my sister, and her boyfriend have been trying to convince my parents that autism isn't caused by diet, but they're not budging. Then again my mother in particular has always been a tinfoil hat type.

I was also diagnosed with the autism spectrum disorder at age 19 as well. I knew I was different as a kid but did not know what was it, until the diagnosis. No, foods and vaccines are not the causes of autism. We are reaching a dangerous situation with the growing "anti-vaxxers" who are getting their information off social media.

I'm 32 now, and since the diagnosis, well it's been a hard life with tons and tons of rejections and bullying even still happening today especially on social media. I hope the TV show I will be on soon "The Employables" will help me and the others who have disabilities.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
In other news, TalkWeather ran its first billboard campaign this week. Kudos to @KoD for coming up with the graphics quickly and the moderating/admin team for helping select good spots.

We had some first-time issues with timing but I think we will do it again in hopes of expanding our user base and being able to focus on other regions. It is a pretty low-cost way to grab some attention.

Special thanks to @Kory for grabbing this shot in Tuscaloosa this morning. He was zoomed in so the flicker of the board is showing up but he said it looked great.

View attachment 1572

This shot was taken by a friend in Albertville as well View attachment 1573
Now that is awesome!

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wait. What?!

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Starks....504CC457-278F-44AD-889F-31EDB3DA5ED8.jpeg

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
BDA09796-6926-494F-A0B8-919B3128D529.jpeg

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I've been playing golf for over 30 yrs.... this afternoon, I had my first hole-in-one!
That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This Sunday is my favorite sports day of the year. The legendary Grand Prix of Monaco followed by the Indianapolis 500.

Can't.

Wait.

Crossed the Indy 500 off the bucket list last year, but it will not be the last time I go.

Back