• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Random Comment Thread

Kory

Reaction score
This pattern isn't exactly conductive for a ton of weather discussion though.

November could be a rather uneventful month save for a potential cold snap if that godawful block sets up around Thanksgiving.
Yep, nice wavebreaking event out over the North Atlantic that is going to force a -NAO/-AO. Should suppress the storm track later in November and into December. Everything has been going north of us....

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Back to the drawing board for Alabama Basketball.. I gave Avery Johnson 2 and a quarter seasons and he's still not shown he can put it together. Same mediocre results as Anthony Grant but with a slightly flashier offense and a big step back on defense.

Kory

Reaction score
Back to the drawing board for Alabama Basketball.. I gave Avery Johnson 2 and a quarter seasons and he's still not shown he can put it together. Same mediocre results as Anthony Grant but with a slightly flashier offense and a big step back on defense.
Bill Battle’s crowning achievement will now be his dismantling of student body traditions since Avery Johnson has turned out to be a dud. What a garbage AD he was.

The ball is in Greg Byrne’s court (pun intended). His baseball hire seems like a solid one. We’ll find out soon enough...

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Bill Battle’s crowning achievement will now be his dismantling of student body traditions since Avery Johnson has turned out to be a dud. What a garbage AD he was.

The ball is in Greg Byrne’s court (pun intended). His baseball hire seems like a solid one. We’ll find out soon enough...

We caught lightning in a bottle with Saban by hiring a flamed out professional coach so Bill Battle tried to replicate that success by hiring somebody who didn't even have college coaching experience. Saban had college championships and wanted to leave the NFL since it wasn't working out for him. Johnson is a career NBA coach who flamed out and got a college offer. What really surprised me about him was he did a very good job of recruiting but can't seem to understand his X's and O's to save his life. He has no idea how to gameplan and half the time it just looks like they're playing back alley hoops with no real strategy except feed it to the best player.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm not giving up on Coach Johnson yet, but last night was terrible. I expected pot holes with a young team, but age should have nothing to do with effort. The defensive effort last night was embarrassing.

Every Bama game seeems to go the same way. Fall behind in the first half, make a run in the 2nd half, fall behind again then win it late. Last night's game was going the same way except after that initial surge in the 2nd half when Bamba was out of the game they folded like a cheap tent.

And I'm just going to say this - had things been going well last night I'm not sure 2's injury would have kept him out of the game.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
I'm not giving up on Coach Johnson yet, but last night was terrible. I expected pot holes with a young team, but age should have nothing to do with effort. The defensive effort last night was embarrassing.

Every Bama game seeems to go the same way. Fall behind in the first half, make a run in the 2nd half, fall behind again then win it late. Last night's game was going the same way except after that initial surge in the 2nd half when Bamba was out of the game they folded like a cheap tent.

And I'm just going to say this - had things been going well last night I'm not sure 2's injury would have kept him out of the game.

We had an incredibly sloppy win against a team we should have blown out in Huntsville the other night, and we followed it up with an abysmal performance against Texas. Once we allowed them to nearly steal the win away with undisciplined basketball in the final minute against Mercer, that's when Avery Johnson began to lose my support. He finally has a team full of his recruits and we don't appear to be improved at all over the last two seasons.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Much better effort from the Basketball team today... but it's going to have to take consistent effort like this in conference play for me to get back on Johnson's side again, as I'm not going to buy in after years and years of inconsistency from the basketball program!

Kory

Reaction score
Much better effort from the Basketball team today... but it's going to have to take consistent effort like this in conference play for me to get back on Johnson's side again, as I'm not going to buy in after years and years of inconsistency from the basketball program!
And Vandy just knocked off Bama after a lousy defensive effort. What a garbage coaching job Johnson puts on the court week in and week out. The man has to go.

raine1212

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry for being away..I am the founder of a national non profit for missing persons, the media keeps me busy.. wanted to hi, hope everyone's is doing well

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sorry, teacher. The snake ate my homework

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
^^^^^ just click in the box and it will take you there.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Avery Johnson needs to be fired before the weekend is over. It's time for us to get a head start on this coaching search. We looked flat out abysmal and we've been regressing as the season's gone on. Time to let an interim finish the season and see if we can lure a more established name in.

Kory

Reaction score
Avery Johnson needs to be fired before the weekend is over. It's time for us to get a head start on this coaching search. We looked flat out abysmal and we've been regressing as the season's gone on. Time to let an interim finish the season and see if we can lure a more established name in.
Buckle up! Cuz we’re crashing!

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Buckle up! Cuz we’re crashing!

How quickly Greg Byrne shows him the door will really show what type of AD he is. With his Arizona connections, I feel good about our chances for a good hire if he can get Avery cleaned out in an efficient manner.

Back