• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Random Comment Thread

Kory

Reaction score
We're gonna be one and done in that tournament. The same issues that have plagued us all year still plagued us today. We just got lucky that A&M left a gaping hole in the middle of its defense for us to run through..
Almost a whole season under the team's belt and we STILL have issues that were shown in early season play. That isn't the mark of a good coach. I will support Alabama no matter what. I'll show up to the games and cheer for my alma mater til I die. All sports. But part of supporting the team is wanting the best coach to develop the players to the best of their ability. I just haven't seen that. Avery deserves praise for the energy he has brought, the recruiting and promoting of our program. But as an X's and O'x guy, he's got his butt kicked many a time in that department.

Anyway, roll tide and frick Auburn....I'll be glued to my laptop in hopes of downing the Barn today.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hi, yes, I would like to talk about anything other than basketball. Actually, whatever, this was pretty low-stakes for us and I'd almost rather have the rest since this is unlikely to affect our seed very much. Maybe winning the tournament would have pushed us up to a 2 seed and maybe we'll drop to a 4 now (although the early projections I've seen still have us on the 3 line). We got the regular-season title, everything else is gravy from here. I'd like to make the sweet sixteen, but down to 8 scholarship players, I don't know that it will happen. We'll probably be a trendy 3-14 or 4-13 upset pick (not without reason).

In better but completely irrelevant personal news, I signed the advance contract for my book today, so pending final revisions/review and the editorial board, I should have a book that no one will read in hand in about 20-24 months.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
This year's Bama basketball team has the biggest variation in level of play I have ever seen. The most consistent thing about them is their inconsistency

Jacob

Reaction score
This year's Bama basketball team has the biggest variation in level of play I have ever seen. The most consistent thing about them is their inconsistency

While I agree, I didn't actually think they played THAT poorly today. Kentucky is a horrible matchup for Alabama and they had their best shooting game of the season. Kentucky could go all the way if they get shooting anywhere near that level in the NCAAT

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
also don't underestimate the loss of Dante Hall

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
ughhhh I didn't want to go to San Diego. Then again, Kansas is probably the weakest 1-seed (or at least the one with the least depth), so this is probably our best shot at an Elite Eight run. I'd be happy making the Sweet Sixteen though, all things considered.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
how do you find out how each person voted? My googling skills are weak this morning. Specifically interested in Clay Scofield.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
how do you find out how each person voted? My googling skills are weak this morning. Specifically interested in Clay Scofield.
Here you go.
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/Alison/GetRollCallVoteResults.aspx?MOID=595719&VOTE=804&BODY=S&INST=SBIR for SB325&SESS=1070

11 of 34 Senators were marked as Pass either because they didn't vote or were not present. That's enough to piss me off. Scofield, who I went to high school with, was one of the ones marked as pass.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Here you go.
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/Alison/GetRollCallVoteResults.aspx?MOID=595719&VOTE=804&BODY=S&INST=SBIR for SB325&SESS=1070

11 of 34 Senators were marked as Pass either because they didn't vote or were not present. That's enough to piss me off. Scofield, who I went to high school with, was one of the ones marked as pass.

He's up for re-election this year and it appears the Democrats aren't even fielding a candidate so I guess he can do pretty much whatever he wants to so the threat of voting for his opponent is useless.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
He's up for re-election this year and it appears the Democrats aren't even fielding a candidate so I guess he can do pretty much whatever he wants to so the threat of voting for his opponent is useless.
Yeah I guess that is the case. Sad really. He is a smart guy but I think he has been sucked into the political swamp in Montgomery

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah I guess that is the case. Sad really. He is a smart guy but I think he has been sucked into the political swamp in Montgomery

I really wish we were in a different district that covered more of Huntsville. I'm going to guess he only represent Huntsville that is south of Mountain Gap and east of Memorial Parkway. I'd prefer to be in a district with interests more in line with one another.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The lobbyist said they had the votes needed but when it came for a voice vote some flipped or were conviiently out of the room. I don’t know where Sanford was but I think he was not there yesterday. Whatley was recorded as a no vote but he changed from yes in a procedural move to try and carry it over. My Senator did vote in favor(Stutts). It just the same political Alabama BS. I think Scofield was there yesterday. I’ll have to double check.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Do we still want Coach Johnson fired?

akt1985

Reaction score
That is what Cookout looked like when it opened here. Sadly I've heard through the grapevine Whataburger isn't particularly interested in expanding to Huntsville for whatever reason. I think we're further north than they would like.

After stopping for lunch at Cypress Inn on Sunday, I saw that Tuscaloosa is getting a second Whataburger on McFarland Boulevard closer to campus.

Back