• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Odd Tornado Damage

jrback1973

Reaction score
I do have a few questions on violent tornadoes, is how granulation happens (I assume just from the high winds just pulverizing debris) as well as how windrowing occurs (I would assume due to sub vortexes)

Also I would love to see any odd photos of tornado damage any of you may have, I'm always in awe of what they can do
Here are some images from the 1974 outbreak. Brandenburg, KY F5, curtain rods driven into trees. Harvest, AL F5, bathtub embedded into the ground

Attachments

• brandenburg2.JPG
    brandenburg2.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 0
  • brandenburg13.JPG
    brandenburg13.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 0
  • Tanner_Tornado_(1).jpg
    Tanner_Tornado_(1).jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 0

jrback1973

Reaction score
Also in Xenia, Ohio, a wash cloth was pushed through a roof then the ceiling into the bathroom leaving a medium size hole. They have the wash cloth on display at the museum in Xenia.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Here are some images from the 1974 outbreak. Brandenburg, KY F5, curtain rods driven into trees. Harvest, AL F5, bathtub embedded into the ground
Never seen those curtain rod photos from Brandenburg before, interesting. Reminded me of this photo from New Richmond (this is a sign post if I'm not mistaken?)
1662519987425-png.15052

Logo 468x120
Back