• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

October 20-21, 2019 Severe Weather Event

amanda90

Reaction score
This is the heaviest hit area from the storms that rolled through this morning in Memphis.

I don't think there has been any tornados confirmed yet, but I local mets are thinking the weather service will mark one that rolled through Germantown this morning as a tornado.

Also, starting to see the "unexpected event" headlines crop up across the media. The event and its scope wasn't unexpected to me, because I follow the weather closely. I would say this is just the media projecting, but I've seen so many people across Facebook today in utter shock about the severe weather. Not sure how we can get any better about reaching people.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Some additional damage from the early morning storms in Arkansas...

From Shelia O'Connor's page..

"A LOT of damage at Tyronza Elementary School. An EF-1 tornado came through the city of Tyronza, AR early this morning. This isn't the only damage. Thank you to Payton Weathers for sharing these photos. I'm told there will be no school tomorrow and a decision will be made tomorrow about the rest of the week. "

Yeah I don't think y'all are having school for a bit.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I hate that this issue comes up every time there’s severe weather on a Saturday or Sunday night (notably, WaPo interviewed Spann, among others, for this story).

Last edited:

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This one kind of went under the radar (no pun intended), but the path length/width are impressive for sure.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This one kind of went under the radar (no pun intended), but the path length/width are impressive for sure.

Right in my backyard. What’s interesting is in watching the local coverage as this happened, one of the local Mets kept downplaying this storm and at one point kinda questioning the logic of it being warned. I was at a conference in Rogers on Monday. A lot of trees and limbs knocked down and some damage to the building more than likely due to flying debris. Here is one shot of the doors that was warped. There was an all glass atrium as well that sustained heavy damage and was in the process of being boarded up.

IMG_0237.jpeg

Kory

Reaction score
Right in my backyard. What’s interesting is in watching the local coverage as this happened, one of the local Mets kept downplaying this storm and at one point kinda questioning the logic of it being warned. I was at a conference in Rogers on Monday. A lot of trees and limbs knocked down and some damage to the building more than likely due to flying debris. Here is one shot of the doors that was warped. There was an all glass atrium as well that sustained heavy damage and was in the process of being boarded up.

View attachment 2112
Not to get off topic, when did you move, Wes?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Not to get off topic, when did you move, Wes?
Late Sept. Guess I should go update my location. Love the area, finally learning my way around.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Late Sept. Guess I should go update my location. Love the area, finally learning my way around.

Ready when you are to go storm chasing, Just let me know, I will have your six.

Back