• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

October 12, 2021 Severe weather threat.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Here is the debris ball from the Snyder tornado around the time it hit peak intensity. Tried to post earlier but got the "We ran into some issues" error. Just getting it to work now (had to post the photo on another site). Any word on the damage yet?
6c5ffc4ed6229bb2.jpeg

OHWX97

Reaction score
DDC is really dropping the ball right now. There continues to be multiple spin-ups north and east of Greensburg right now.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
DDC is really dropping the ball right now. There continues to be multiple spin-ups north and east of Greensburg right now.
DDC along with FFC are some of the... well... not-so-good forecast offices as far as issuing warnings is concerned.

OHWX97

Reaction score
That one was rated EF2 right? Don't ask me how they completely missed that thing and seemingly tried to cover it up for a few days before admitting they screwed up.
EF2, yes. It was a pretty intense tornado. I have so much more I could say about that whole situation, but I'd rather just get things back on topic.

Anyways, DDC ended up warning those spin-ups. Macksville, KS dodged a bullet; couplet broadened out before impacting the city.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Any word at all on the damage caused by the tornado near Snyder? I've found literally nothing and at this point I'm thinking there was only weak damage in the area given the lack of any damage reports.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Any word at all on the damage caused by the tornado near Snyder? I've found literally nothing and at this point I'm thinking there was only weak damage in the area given the lack of any damage reports.
That’s a very remote, unpopulated area. No doubt there was at least one strong to possibly violent tornado in that area last night, but it probably didn’t leave behind the damage to prove it.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That’s a very remote, unpopulated area. No doubt there was at least one strong to possibly violent tornado in that area last night, but it probably didn’t leave behind the damage to prove it.
I suppose if it was violent it may have left behind some debarked trees or even some scouring, but I don't even know if there are many trees in that area and early and late season grass can be wispy to begin with.

Back