• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

October 12, 2021 Severe weather threat.

Reaction score
One interesting thing is; it seems that one concern going into this event based off some of the forecast discussions was that storm motion was expected to be quite fast (50 MPH or more). However, these supercells have only been moving 20-25 MPH according to the warning statements. Obviously a good thing from a public/chaser safety standpoint especially with it being after dark, but I'm curious as to the cause of the discrepancy. Usually in my experience, when forecast storm speeds bust, they bust low (storms move faster than anticipated).

Reaction score
Another thing of note, the supercells of the day have been moving on the southeastern reaches of the Enhanced risk zone (southern/Frederick-Snyder one is now actually within the Slight). The western band of storms has only just started to push into the Moderate/15% hatch zone.

Reaction score
Possible LEWP-embedded tornado coming up US 56 toward Copeland, Montezuma, Ensign, and possibly Dodge City, KS. This event striking or at least threatening all the towns I hit on my complete bust of a two-day chase trip this past May (I sat in Clinton, OK for a few hours the afternoon of the 27th, then eventually made my way to Watonga).

OHWX97

Reaction score
Likely a QLCS tornado about 15 miles west of Dodge City, KS.

Oklahoma cells are falling apart. Tornado warning for the southern one has just been discontinued.

Back