• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

North Alabama Rain?

N4GKS

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
N4GKS
Special Affiliations
  1. ARRL Member
It was said over and over by the TV mets that we were to get storms and at least 4 inches of rain. This forecast keeps getting moved to the next day. Was it a dry slot or what? I was looking forward to some rain. So far it hasn’t been 1/2 inch where I am.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what TV Mets were talking about. Just a quick glance of the total accumulated rain totals from three days ago until now on the GFS, I only see maybe 2 out of 12 that show an isolated 4-5" total anywhere in North Alabama. Most all show 1-2" average.
I do know that convective complex yesterday morning near the gulf may have cut off some moisture transport but it there was ample moisture in the atmosphere regardless of that. I don't watch TV mets, but what I've seen predicted by the models and the NWS has been fairly accurate.

N4GKS

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
N4GKS
Special Affiliations
  1. ARRL Member
My WX station says nothing near that. Just curious.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the totals I mentioned are accumulations up to next Tuesday.

I'm happy we've gotten at least something :D

Back