• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

NFL 2018 Season

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
The new AAF that kicked off this weekend looks surprisingly legit. I may wind up watching weekly Birmingham Iron games.. much higher quality product than I expected there to be. Has a college-esque feel to it with some nice changes from the NFL B.S.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I suppose I’m a Birmingham fan by default since they get the Auburn players. Keeps with my general pattern of not supporting Atlanta teams (aside from soccer). The only problem is that I don’t get CBSSN and don’t really wanna fork over the extra money just from this. It is cool to see all of the college players you vaguely remember from a few years ago (sort of like the CFL in that respect).

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
I suppose I’m a Birmingham fan by default since they get the Auburn players. Keeps with my general pattern of not supporting Atlanta teams (aside from soccer). The only problem is that I don’t get CBSSN and don’t really wanna fork over the extra money just from this. It is cool to see all of the college players you vaguely remember from a few years ago (sort of like the CFL in that respect).

They have an official YouTube channel that live streams their games.

Its a very smart business model. Next time a stream comes up I'll send the link.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Oh okay, yeah, that is a good idea. Probably easier for a lot of people to access.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Unfortunate news, but the AAF is already in chaos with the league getting sold off to a new owner after only one week of action and players and coaches still have not been paid.

Here's to hoping it's just a bump in the road and not already an early sign of failure.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Not entirely NFL related but the AAF is suspending play and odds are very low that they will be back for a second season.

Was a noble effort and I found the Birmingham games enjoyable and they had decent fan support, but at the end of the day theres not enough market demand for a second football league, especially one that relies on players who didn't make it in the NFL or weren't drafted.

Kory

Reaction score
The NFL Players Association sees the AFL as a threat, so they claimed "safety" risk from adding players to the AAF from NFL practice squads. If the AAF can't add young talent from the NFL, where are they supposed to get it from?

jmills

Reaction score

The AAF has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, with approximately $11 million in assets and almost $50million in liabilities.

I really enjoyed watching it when I got a chance and I wish it would have succeeded, even by startup football league standards. This doesn't bode well for the new XFL.

Back