• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

My cancer is back. Thanks for your love and friendship!

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sad to see Perry go, cancer just plain sucks!

ARCC

Reaction score
I'm sure Perry will rest, I'm a few million years or so. Enjoy yourself Perry while the rest of us are left waiting.

"There is a hello after goodbye, a blessed reunion promised in time, we will be with them for longer than we were without, no doubt, no more tears in our eyes, in that beautiful wonderful hellove after goodbye."

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Perry was such a nice guy and a great historical source for tornado and severe weather information... may he rest in peace, he will be missed

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
:<
Expected for so long, but still highly depressing. Rest in peace!

HazardousWx

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
W4SSW
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So sorry to hear this. Perry was a wealth of knowledge. Have arrangements or an obituary been posted?

Daryl

Reaction score
Always enjoyed reading his posts with his knowledge on severe weather and history.He seemed like a kind hearted soul.Rest in peace Perry.

NO_WAA

Reaction score
I never met Perry in person and regret that I did not. He lived a life here on earth with the rare traits of caring for others and giving instead of receiving. Rest in Paradise, Perry.

Argus

Reaction score
If ever there was a person to ask IMBY questions, it was Perry. A day or two before a weather event, the inevitable reply to a Perry post would be "What about Athens?" He was our consultant, especially when Brit and I knew we would be working that weekend. I was amazed that he enjoyed life almost to the bitter event. Maybe they'll name the 85 bridge after him.

bwalk

Reaction score
'Let The Wind Blow'

There's a storm on the horizon,
Oh, let the wind blow,
There is thunder in the heavens,
Oh, let the wind blow,
Let the rain fall down from the sky above,
Let the tempest roar 'til it's had enough,
I'm trusting in the Lord of love,
Let the wind blow.

There is lightning in the distance,
Oh, let the wind blow,
There is darkness all around me,
Oh, let the wind blow,
Let the world give all the hurt it can,
Let the evil one devise his plans,
I'm trusting in the great I Am,
Let the wind blow.

Let the wind blow...blow as hard as it can,
Let the wind blow,
Upon the solid rock of God I stand,
Oh, let the wind blow.

[To hear the song: imperials let the wind blow raytex 111

Last edited:

MikeP

Reaction score
Wow. Can't believe he's gone. Been a member for probably 10 yrs from the original site. Perry was one of the main reasons I stuck around. What a wonderful and totally selfless person that always offered up whatever he could to help/advise others. Just at ease that his suffering is over. Perry, you will be missed and celebrated all at the same time....

locomusic01

Reaction score
Ah, hate to hear this. I didn't know Perry as well as some of you did, but every time I talked with him he was incredibly kind, helpful and knowledgeable. Terrible news, but I'm glad his suffering is over.

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Perry and I almost never agreed about anything - but I learned a ton from him, and admired his dedication and good will. He will be missed.

Reaction score
Terribly sad to hear about his passing, but now his soul is at peace and his soul left the world while he was surrounded by his family. Goodbye and farewell Perry. I never got the chance to meet you in person, but when the time comes for my soul to cross the divide as well...maybe we will have the chance to meet.

"Death is not the last sleep. It is the final awakening." - Sir Walter Scott

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
From Perry's Facebook

Thank you for taking the time to visit this site and share your memories of Perry with all who loved him. This site is a living memorial to Perry, a loving brother, uncle and friend. We look forward to celebrating the life of this very sweet, special man who touched so many of our lives...blessed with courage, generosity, a fun loving sense of humor, and more love than he could hold in his heart for his famly and friends.

Perry was always up for a good storm watch or chase and always alerted us to any imminent danger. Heaven gained a great weatherman in Perry and he will never be forgotten.

His life was cut way too short from a very tough battle with cancer. His eternal optimism and courage even in the face of something so devastating, should be an inspiration to us all. Perry fought cancer until the bitter end with the strength of Superman.

Please upload photos, stories, thoughts and memories to help tell the full story of Perry Williams. This world will never be the same wihout him!

A non-profit memorial scholarship fund in Perry's name has been setup to provide 1 to 2 annual scholarships to bright oncology students interested in cancer research or someone who shares Perry's greatest passion - weather (meterology). Please visit at:

www.youcaring.com/perrywilliams

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather

Back