• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

My cancer is back. Thanks for your love and friendship!

F

Former Member

Thanks for the update, Lori.

Perry, I am very happy that you are with your family now.
I hope you take a minute to tell us all about it.

Thank you for all of the knowledge you have shared with us over the years.

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My humble thanks to each of you for your kind wordsn encouragement, and prayers. I arrived in Wilsonville, Oregon on Sunday morning at the Marquis Wilsonville Aub Acute Nursing Center. So far am very happy here, My nurses and doctors aare nice, and the facility is quiet and dignified, the way a hospice should be. Being with my family has been totally awesome; only one I havent seen yet is 22 year old Maddie in college 100 miles away in Washington (hope to see her this weekend).

Again, many thanks to each of you!
Perry

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you are with your family Perry. God Bless you!

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
According to his sister Becky, Perry is now on very strong pain meds to keep him at peace and pain-free in his final days. He had a hard time last week posting on FB and I think he's just not able to put together words as well since being medicated. I don't think TW or FB will hear from him again. Now is what I guess we could say is a long goodbye. It hurts to type this because it makes it more real that Perry is dying.

When I first met Perry in person, it was a forum meeting, like all my friends I'd become close on TW, it was as if I'd known him all my life. We had a good visit the two times he came and I was always so admirable of his caring for raising money for childhood cancer.

When his first cancer (kidney) occurred, it was almost surreal since he was so concerned for so many years for children with cancer. I was worried this second time and the type would "get him" and sadly it has.

I know being forum friends, we can all fight and fuss, get aggravated at each other but like family, we still can love and care about each other. Perry has seemed like family even when he and I wanted to wring each other's neck! LOL! And I will miss him till the day I die. His encyclopedia knowledge of weather and events. His love of Georgia and Bama football, the Braves and racing.

He's still with us right now, so just in case he logs in....tell him how much he means to you or just a kind word his way....I'll link it to FB...his sister Becky is supposed to continue to post updates and hopefully is reading the messages to him!

Perry, you've touched many lives, inspired people and you are so loved. You will never, ever be forgotten!! You are going to see that sweet Mama you have missed for many, many years!! God bless you dear friend...until we meet again...

_melody_

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
God bless you, Perry. You will always be a part of Talkweather, and we will miss you terribly. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us. We will continue to pray for you, and for your family. I am glad to know that you have been able to spend this time with your sister and other family. That is such a blessing for you all. I am thankful that they are keeping you comfortable. Rest easy, dear Perry, and know that the thoughts and prayers of all of us are with you.

Reaction score
I remember meeting Perry on the old forum back in 2014 when I was a complete noob to all things weather. He made me feel welcome and basically was an online meteorology teacher for me. He was amazingly helpful and patient, but that barely scratches the surface of how great a person he is. Always so friendly and welcoming, such a devoted weather enthusiast and so compassionate and sympathetic to the victims of weather disasters...such a tragic loss of a great man. Prayers for him and for a peaceful end to his life, surrounded by the people who love him.

Farewell Perry...you will be sorely missed. Say hi to Kelley, Randy, Corbin, Tim, Carl, Paul, Matt, and all of the other members of the weather community we've lost. Although you left this world before I got the chance to become a full fledged member of the weather community myself...I still hope to meet you on the other side one day.

Stormlover

Reaction score
I really hate to hear this. I tried to call him night before last and there wasn't even a voice mail setup to leave a message. He has not been the same since he want to Oregon. Perry, we all care for you and have prayed so much. You have been a part of many of our lives for a number of years. Like I told you about a week ago, when the Lord is ready for you, you will have no more pain, and will be in a better place than all of us left here behind. See you in Heaven one day pal.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
God Bless you Perry. Your insight into severe weather and tornado history will not be replaced, but more importantly the positive impact you have had on me and so many on TW with your kind and friendly approach with all you engaged will be missed the most. Truly you showed the light of Jesus to us all. Prayers for you my friend

MichelleH

Reaction score
Perry, I never got the chance to meet you personally here on Earth, so I hope to see you in my welcoming party in Heaven! And oh what a party is waiting for you in Heaven, my sweet friend! Your loving family and our precious Savior will never let you feel lonely again! You have no idea how many people and hearts your faith and strength have touched Perry! I am going to miss talking to you so much, but I know it's not goodbye, just see you later. I know I'm rambling, and I'm sorry about that, but this is just so hard...we all knew this was coming, but it's getting"real" now and it just breaks my heart. I love you my friend and I am grateful and blessed to have known you and call you my friend. We will never forget you and I will think of you every time we have a severe weather threat, knowing you are watching from above with the greatest seat in the house! So, until we talk again...God bless you Perry.

ARCC

Reaction score
Perry, as I posted on another forum a while ago, it was great meeting you many years ago and I have enjoyed talking with you on talkweather. May God richly bless you your final days here and we will meet again in glory one day.

18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Romans 8:18-21

Matt

Reaction score
God bless you Perry. I am sorry I never had the opportunity to meet you in person. Definitely my loss.

MichelleH

Reaction score
You are so loved Perry and you will be so missed! I am so happy you are whole and pain-free and with your parents though! You deserve all the joy you will now have and the best seat in the house for watching storms! Love you so much my friend!!

Michael

Reaction score
Oh my! I didn't even realize this thread existed. I normally stay on the weather side...might be good to pin it there as well?

So sad to hear about this. Perry wasn't perfect (nor are any of us) but he was ultimately a brave and gentle man! He found solace in his friends in the weather community and in return we all welcomed him with open arms. Sure, there was some heated moments, but such as life right? At the end of the day, he cared for us just like we do for him. I remember my first time in the weather word online in 2005 and PerryW was the first person I remember interacting with. Always willing to give advice, give us great weather analysis and share his knowledge/passion for what we all love as well.

So Perry this is for you man. Thank you. I know I appreciated your input and your friendship via the weather community. You've been courageous these past years and gave it your very best and for that my friend your a hero to others who may feel like giving up. You will be missed! Rest easy!

P.S. (Can you have a chat with someone up there who's in charge of the weather? Tell them to send us some Snow next winter ;) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Perry passed away a few hours ago. He is healed!!

When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot Thou hast taught me to say,
“It is well, it is well with my soul!”
It is well with my soul!
It is well, it is well with my soul!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather mobile app

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
For the past few weeks, the staff at TW have been thinking about how to honor @PerryW. Some really great ideas have come up internally but as of last week I have started the initial discussion to purchase and place a weather station at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL. The Perry Williams Memorial Weather Station would serve as a teaching tool for the thousands of children that attend the museum and Space Camp programs each year. We feel this would be a great way for Perry's passion for weather knowledge to live on.

In the coming days we hope to have additional information. Until then our thoughts are with Perry and his family.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
Very sad to hear this. Perry was certainly beloved by all of us. I thank the good Lord that he got his final wish granted in being able to go to where his family is and spend his final days surrounded by them.

Rest In Peace, Perry.

Back