• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

My cancer is back. Thanks for your love and friendship!

locomusic01

Reaction score
I'm so terribly sorry to hear this, Perry. I just came back to TW so I was hoping to hear good news about you, but alas.. I'm glad you seem to have made peace with it, though, and I sincerely hope that you're able to spend your time with your family. I really admire your strength and positivity in dealing with this terrible disease.

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm so terribly sorry to hear this, Perry. I just came back to TW so I was hoping to hear good news about you, but alas.. I'm glad you seem to have made peace with it, though, and I sincerely hope that you're able to spend your time with your family. I really admire your strength and positivity in dealing with this terrible disease.

Many thanks! :)

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just recieved very bad news. Yesterday's MRI reveals the cancer is back in my pelvic/ lower abdomen area and growing past. Dr Kramer didn't give a timetable but says it's just a matter of weeks......maybe 3-4 months a most.

Both she (Dr Kramer) and Dr Read recommend hospice care for me as soon as possible to prevent suffering. I continue to praise God for my life and every precious blessing he's given to me, most of all for giving his own begotten son Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary so that I have eternal life in heaven if I only confess my sins, accept him into my heart, and believe.

Yes I am dying but am still going to live my life to the fullest as long as the Lord allows me to be here. Thank you for your love, kind words, prayers, and friendship. I love each of you very, very much.......only hope you know how much I love and appreciate you as my friend
2764.png
<3
2764.png
<3

God Bless You.
Perry

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Perry,

I really hate to hear this. Let us know if we can do anything for ya. Thinking about you!

Wes

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Many thanks Wes! My younger sister in Oregon is trying to arrange it so I can be transported from Atlanta to a hospice in Portland, so I can spend my final days and die surrounded by my family and not alone here in Atlanta (Becky and her family is the only close family I have left). Praying the Lord makes a way for it to happen :)

John Jaye

Reaction score
Thank you for your testimony and courage. I will be praying with you about the move. I hope it can be worked out soon. I am mostly a lurker but I have enjoyed your posts throughout my years on Talk Weather. You will be missed but I will see you in heaven at some point. Blessing on you, my friend.

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Thank you for your testimony and courage. I will be praying with you about the move. I hope it can be worked out soon. I am mostly a lurker but I have enjoyed your posts throughout my years on Talk Weather. You will be missed but I will see you in heaven at some point. Blessing on you, my friend.

Thanks John God Bless You!

Reaction score
Perry,
I hate to hear news like this! Cancer has taken so many of my friends and family! I am impressed and encouraged by your unwavering love for our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I have added you and your family to my daily prayer list.

Evan

Reaction score
Perry, you and I talked extensively several weeks ago in Atlanta. You know I am amazed by your resiliency, courage, and faith. Now, if we could just get you over to Oregon! My prayers for you will continue. I've stuck out so far on any of the funding ideas we discussed, but I will certainly try to double-down and see what can happen ASAP. God bless you, brother!

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Noticed we don't have a general discussion for this month as so far it's all been in the severe threads.

WWA out for the TN border counties tonight for a good April snow. North GA mountains might actually see some flurries. With any luck I'll squeek out an inch or two here at the house.

Best of luck! I'm heading to Wilsonville, Oregon (hospice) this weekend to spend whatever is left of my life near my sister. Am hopeful I'm can see snowcapped Mount Hood.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Best of luck! I'm heading to Wilsonville, Oregon (hospice) this weekend to spend whatever is left of my life near my sister. Am hopeful I'm can see snowcapped Mount Hood.
Congrats Perry!! Mt. Hood will be showing off for ya. I just sent you a PM.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
Off topic but...

I'm glad that worked out for you, Perry, and that you were able to surround yourself family. I think I can speak on behalf of the entire TW family in saying we are still praying for you and thinking of you.

Last edited:

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Update!! Perry's wish has been granted thanks to many of you that gave, he should be in Portland meeting his sister at his new facility today!!

_melody_

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Update!! Perry's wish has been granted thanks to many of you that gave, he should be in Portland meeting his sister at his new facility today!!
Oh, that is wonderful news. Thank you for sharing it with us, Lori. Continuing to pray for you, Perry. I'm so happy that you are with your sister!

pritchlaw

Reaction score
Prayers for Perry for the peace and mercies of Christ to rest with him and his family. May this time be a sweet communion with the Father for you and may you be comforted by the truth of the Gospel and the eternal blessing awaiting all of his people.

Back